Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, yesterdays eye appointment was nothing serious, the jelly at the back of the eye can shed particles and this jelly may of been the change in my eye. I was so tired last night I had something light to eat and then fell asleep on the sofa zzzzzzzzz
I do have laser treatment on my left eye next Friday at the hospital, so my eyes are getting in at the moment, but hopefully things will settle down soon.
It's an inset day at the school today, but I have 2 days work at my other job and today it's promoting a soft drink in a glass bottle, aimed at adults and designated drivers over the Christmas and New year period, hope it goes well today.
wallpaper-flower-good-moren.jpg

It;s Friday :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - Interesting ride in this morning, a dog running loose in busy rush hour traffic isn't good (being followed by a very anxious sounding owner) - Holly the dog, a very lovely young Retriever, thought it was a great game!.........obviously I stopped and helped, stopped the traffic and the owner chasing her then she realised the game was up and came to her owner all sweetness and light in the end.

It was only lunch that kept me out the 24hr gang yesterday - annoyingly it was left overs from the night before which I managed to keep under control previously o_O. Not going to try today, have already been tempted by Christmas treats and it's not even quarter past 9! (but I am still in range at the mo!)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip . I’ve now got a mental picture of you astride a white charger, galloping to work. Stopping to help those in distress.
An insulin syringe for a lance:hilarious::hilarious:. Well done bro.
Good news for you @Robinredbreast . Must be a great relief.

Reactions: Diakat

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good: Today is the day our government has decided that from now on the Libre will be funded for all diabetics on insulin who need to test at least 4 times a day. Yes, that includes T2's!

Funny-annoying: I've had various family members and friends bring cheaper sensors from France for me. Which means I have enough self-funded sensors to last me until the end of june or so :banghead: Still, not complaining at all!

Very, very hard: I've called the vet. He'll come over next thursday the 19th to help Old Dog Hidde with dying. It's about time for him. I'm really not sure how to do it all without my closest friend in a week, it already hurts an awful lot.
@Antje77 I feel for you - I have had to do the same for 3 of my cars over the years. However at least you know that, whilst it’s a very difficult decision to make, it is the best one for Old Dog Hidde xx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Diabetes has been better but as soon as I go to work that’s when it decides to play up. I was on a nice 7.9 this morning and I come home to 2.9.
Work wasn’t good, I was name and shamed in front of everyone during the meeting. Apparently I’m not up to the manager’s standard. I’m embarrassed and ashamed, part of me wants to quit but I can’t just yet. But if I don’t leave, my manager is going to start reducing hours from those who are not up to her standard.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski That is not a nice way to conduct business, but you were going to look for another job? This might be the push you need to do so. It is common to reduce hours of people you want to leave. Kind of the soft way to get them to go but also not have to pay unemployment. (Although sometimes in the US you can still collect unemployment for reduced hours if it is a large reduction)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,
Diabetes has been better but as soon as I go to work that’s when it decides to play up. I was on a nice 7.9 this morning and I come home to 2.9.
Work wasn’t good, I was name and shamed in front of everyone during the meeting. Apparently I’m not up to the manager’s standard. I’m embarrassed and ashamed, part of me wants to quit but I can’t just yet. But if I don’t leave, my manager is going to start reducing hours from those who are not up to her standard.
@MeiChanski what she did is wrong and she should have discussed it in private with you rather than in front if your colleagues. She sounds like a bully to me and, judging from your other posts, it may be time to look for another job. Could it be the stress of this job that’s making your BS fluctuate?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @MeiChanski thats pretty rotten, should of pulled you to one side for a chat not done this in front of others if something had to be said. How are you today about this ?

Went out with pals for an Xmas catch up, thought I was doing ok by going to bed at 9.7 with a correction on board but woke to a 17.2, so waiting for this to fall before doing a park run this morning - hoping for single figures before I go otherwise it will be a slow run..

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning guys, awoke on a 5.2 which is great, but I was in hypoland land again yesterday at work and in the evening, then it went into double figures, so I had to to take 2 correction doses, which brought it down nicely.
I am promoting Sainsbury's own cakes today, a Gingerbread cake and a Gluten free cake, with fruit, marzipan and icing. I dislike marzipan and icing, but I may have a little taste on my break.
Hope you all have a good weekend.
@MeiChanski you were put in a horrible position by a bully manager, try to keep your chin up and fingers crossed you will get something much better and be happy in your job and appreciated too.

ps I am going out to dinner tonight with daughter's boyfriends family, first time too :happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I'd offer hugs all round but, as my work building is the latest recurring plague house, I am refraining from such activities. Still, we're nearly there for this term, for which I am most grateful. I seem to have survived, but with much to think about over the holidays when my making big decisions brain works better.

The current accidental experimental basal pattern seems to be a success, which has surprised me, but it has also slightly annoyed me as I was told firmly by the DSN when I started on insulin to do basal (Levemir) at bedtime and on getting up. Given I get up earlier than most people, and average 6/7 hours sleep (done that all my adult life) it had always been a 17 hour/7 hour split and I was invariably creeping up before bedtime. I did query this and wondered if I should go to a 12 hours split but was told it shouldn't matter...

First experiment after DAFNE had me on a 14 hour/10 hour split, and keeping the bedtime consistent, but I was prone to forgetting to do the morning basal when I got to work if chaos had already broken out. Now I'm doing a 12 hours split, when I get up and when I get home from work, it's definitely working better. As I suspected it would in the first place...

Meanwhile, off to make the most of the last weekend of term - traditionally devoted to doing as little as possible!