Zero carb chocolate

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
All chocolate contains some carbs, 100% is just zero added sugar. However, not all 100% beans are the same so the amount will vary a little, usually somewhere between 10g and 13g per 100g of finished product.
I would complain to Hotel Chocolat and tell them to fix the labelling on the packages if they are still selling this with the wrong info (it appear they fixed the website nutritional info).

Reactions: Robbity

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All chocolate contains some carbs, 100% is just zero added sugar. However, not all 100% beans are the same so the amount will vary a little, usually somewhere between 10g and 13g per 100g of finished product.
I would complain to Hotel Chocolat and tell them to fix the labelling on the packages if they are still selling this with the wrong info (it appear they fixed the website nutritional info).
the website information has always been that but the packet is wrong, although to the original poster I'm the one in the wrong :rolleyes: xx

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s different. Look closely at the packet. The ones that are zero carb are organic. Rare and vintage Batons. 100% dark organic.
Hi Ian sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but cocoa itself cannot be zero carb so there is no way that this choc can be either.
That you can eat a baton or two without spiking is great but it is mislabelled I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s different. Look closely at the packet. The ones that are zero carb are organic. Rare and vintage Batons. 100% dark organic.
:rolleyes: its the same just the organic isn't mentioned on the site, not even lettuce is carb free, plenty have now mentioned it :rolleyes:

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
The nutritional information on the back of the pack clearly indicates it is zero carb. Zero per 100g.
I can’t believe a household name like Hotel Chocolate would lie about its nutritional content.
Just stating what’s on the back of the pack.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The nutritional information on the back of the pack clearly indicates it is zero carb. Zero per 100g.
I can’t believe a household name like Hotel Chocolate would lie about its nutritional content.

I'm sure they can be wrong and are in this case.
Zero carb chocolate is completely impossible. The ingredients list gives the lie to the nutritional info.

Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got fed up of me and the rest saying this couldn't be true, Hotel Chocolat have just this morning confirmed what me and the others were saying is in fact 100% true
20191219_103956.jpg

Reactions: Larissima

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I got fed up of me and the rest saying this couldn't be true, Hotel Chocolat have just this morning confirmed what me and the others were saying is in fact 100% true View attachment 37293

Well done for establishing the facts. That makes each Baton around 1g of carbs. I guess that’s why I haven’t seen an increase in my BG levels when I eat one.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got fed up of me and the rest saying this couldn't be true, Hotel Chocolat have just this morning confirmed what me and the others were saying is in fact 100% true View attachment 37293
Shoddy. And probably against some directive. And not the first time hotel chocolat have mislabelled either.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shoddy. And probably against some directive. And not the first time hotel chocolat have mislabelled either.
I don't eat Hotel Chocolat stuff often as 1 - it's far too expensive and I'm unemployed and 2 - there isn't a shop anywhere near me, my partner bought me a box with a selection of different things one year for Christmas and there were 6 chocolates, 2 each of different types but it didn't give the nutrition information for those so I got in touch with them and they supplied me with the wrong information to begin with for one of them, I do however love the mini hazelnut buche and ginger puddles xx

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is expensive, Hotel Chocolat.
But nice!!! The batons are so rich that I can only have 1or 2 at time so they last a long time - I’ve had some in the fridge for about 6 weeks. The little tubs of chocolate drops last a long time as well.

Reactions: Listlad

Honeyend

I don't eat Hotel Chocolat stuff often as 1 - it's far too expensive and I'm unemployed and 2 - there isn't a shop anywhere near me, my partner bought me a box with a selection of different things one year for Christmas and there were 6 chocolates, 2 each of different types but it didn't give the nutrition information for those so I got in touch with them and they supplied me with the wrong information to begin with for one of them, I do however love the mini hazelnut buche and ginger puddles xx
I like the Aldi dark chocolate, and over Christmas I treated myself to some Green and Blacks dark Almond, which is fairly low and on offer, Carbs 29g/100g, in Tesco at £1.50 a bar.
One year by daughter bought me a very posh dark chocolate selection, you know single estate, hand made, blah blah. Some of it was disgusting

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the Aldi dark chocolate, and over Christmas I treated myself to some Green and Blacks dark Almond, which is fairly low and on offer, Carbs 29g/100g, in Tesco at £1.50 a bar.
One year by daughter bought me a very posh dark chocolate selection, you know single estate, hand made, blah blah. Some of it was disgusting
i eat the Aldi Moser Roth 85% 25g bars quite a lot, I cant say I enjoyed Green & Blacks that much, I tend to stick to Lindt Excellence 90%, I tend to get that and the Moser Roth for Christmas these days from my mum and grandad haha xx