What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau those photos of Charlie and Lola are great, they are adorable. I completely empathise with you re the exhaustion of looking after baby animals. I’d forgotten just how full on they are until Dennis took over our lives. So worth it though.
@PenguinMum everything is crossed for your HbA1c, at least you’ve got it over and done with before Christmas.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 for me today. Sipping tea and trying to decide which Christmas jumper to wear today. @trick60 enjoy having GD home for the hols. @gennepher I still get a pack of Florentines at Christmas and I dont think one with a cup of tea does too much harm. Thats my alibi anyway. Your Christmas dinner sounded lovely. @SaskiaKC your midnight feast made me laugh. Hope the KC joined in.
Need to buy more cards and stamps today. Wonder how long this practice will continue. Cards received well down on last year. I do quite like hanging them up as part of the decorations but the stamps do end up costing a lot. My children do not send cards other than Mothers Day.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.
A few years back we sent our last cards with a beautiful poem letting everyone know we wouldnt be sending again but donating to charity. We saved all the special cards and put them up every year since. I'm sure I could dig out the poem if you decide you would like to do the same.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone here have any experience of using Facebook Portal or similar? Like the idea of using for 90 YO MIL when we move and all our grandchildren keeping in touch while some are in exile in Southampton. TIA
I'm a Facebook addict! Love it. Great for keeping in touch with family and friends.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg at 5:30 am

Like yesterday a mixture...

1st try 9.8 NO
2nd try 8.1 A maybe
3rd try 9.1 Humpf...

I washed my hands thought and dried them thoughly before each one.

4th time lucky ?
Dare I try it?
4th try 7.9

Do I believe it...not really.

That meter and testing strips tells more lies than this government...

And my mobile wi fi is refusing to connect today. So I am on my phone data.

I think an under the electric blanket day, and refusing to emerge day, and sleeping like the cat. I just wish my bladder were as good as his. He can last up to 12 hours asleep on my bed without using his bathroom...for a 27 year old cat that is blinking good...my bladder lasts just an hour or two and I do my kegal exercises as well...the cat doesn't do any bladder exercises...

It is windy here and the rain is coming down sideways in those slicing cutting sheets...

Have a good Sunday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 for me today.
I have been roped in to play badminton this morning, haven’t played for about 45 yrs and I was pretty rubbish then as I recall. Should be fun though.
I discovered yesterday that SIL has bought a family surf lesson for me and the girls as our Christmas present. I am excited and horrified at the same time ( I can’t get up off the floor without rolling around a bit so I’ve no chance of leaping to my feet on a wobbly surf board)
@gennepher Popeye’s bladder control is amazing for a cat of that age, he really is a marvel. Enjoy your morning under the blanket.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
15-12-19
5.4 Today.
The wind has dropped, but again waiting to see what happened in the night.
Rushing round tidying and cleaning, expecting visitors. Whoever calls at 9am on a Sunday?
House is a building site so even the room cleaned yesterday evening has visible dust again.

Have a good day if you can peeps.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been roped in to play badminton this morning, haven’t played for about 45 yrs and I was pretty rubbish then as I recall. Should be fun though.
I discovered yesterday that SIL has bought a family surf lesson for me and the girls as our Christmas present. I am excited and horrified at the same time ( I can’t get up off the floor without rolling around a bit so I’ve no chance of leaping to my feet on a wobbly surf board).

a bit of inspiration @DJC3 .....
(tho rather you then me..I presume you WON'T be IN the water outside...
smurfgrandpa.gif
)

and as for me this AM..
a long day Friday, another week completed, first pay packet..whoop whoop,
great bunch to work with, working hard but a good laugh too.

I was floating along the old river Six, quite pleasantly the last week or so i thought,
happy with that as foods during breaks during early hours make it more difficult then normal to manage.
(can't just run out and get food if i feel a little lacking in energy..though water bottle and energy tablets has helped some)

However......have to admit i broke and ran for subway yesterday before it shut....yep there..i said it subway./

and not the nice and oh so tasty salads
nope not a bit of it..

it was the full on HUMONGOUS foot long, meatball marinara, jalapenos, etc..
eat half now,, take rest back for 2nd break....?

Not a chance...:hilarious:

wolfed it in one sitting..and delish it was...,delish.:happy:

so slightly surprised this AM my liver seems to have rushed me down from 6 point heights,
and straight across McGarret plains during my sleep..

...and when i woke up and tested, i was hovering near FORT POINT OH waterfalls..with an eye opening 5.2

what a weird and wonderful composition our bodies are, always trying to trick us and shake us up a little when it thinks we have sussed out it's next move..:D

have a good day all.:)

Btw...One lot of madness behind us, and another looming ever closer..
only ELEVEN days left til it's all over for another year, TG....;) LoL

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Niche post incoming - preamble: @DJC3 numbers seem to be recovering and badminton + surfing sounds good to me; @gennepher day under electric blanket, with comfort breaks, highly medicinal. 2 samples from finger @ 5.15 ish - 5.6 and 5.2 - who knows a) which was more accurate and b) where those end up when subjected to lab assay? Howsomever, this malarkey is very much a 5 day test not a T20 biff and giggle. I am facing 2 very wily opponents so respect needed. Dig in, show respect and accept scoring won't be easy - not clear what a good score is on this wicket. I have a preferred style but the score book never says how - just says how many. Two very timely passages this morning - very much part of this process for me - Zephaniah 3.14-20 and Philippians 4.4-7. Also interesting to note the surge in donations and sign ups to charities for homeless and food banks since Thursday - we may be in an occupied country but there is hope. Have a great day.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good -- I hope they didn't make him sick! :)
Fortunately poinsettias are not poisonous however I doubt there is much nutritional value in them...besides selfishly they look fabulous with the red burst of colour so I'd like to keep them looking festive for as long as I can...I'd completely forgotten it was Sunday...got myself busy it's anti-coagulation clinic...yuk Monday morning traffic & the cold weather...sipping my coffee switched on the news...yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss realised it's Sunday...time for more coffee...woke to a 6.3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I discovered yesterday that SIL has bought a family surf lesson for me and the girls
My hips started to complain as I read that DJC...just the thought of it but if you fall off you'll have a soft landing & it does sound like great fun

Reactions: SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I discovered yesterday that SIL has bought a family surf lesson for me and the girls as our Christmas present. I am excited and horrified at the same time ( I can’t get up off the floor without rolling around a bit so I’ve no chance of leaping to my feet on a wobbly surf board)
@gennepher Popeye’s bladder control is amazing for a cat of that age, he really is a marvel. Enjoy your morning under the blanket.

again in reply @DJC3 to the surfing.

IF in the water...( brr)
i hope it;'s a full on wet suit AND Gloves.

me and some mates did the docks in London one winter water bikes as it was then.. precursor to jet skis.
think ski-doos for the water.
all kit laid on..almost
Surprising how warm the wet suit could be, but oh my poor hands
no gloves left..but i'm a big rufty tufty biker, right.... so no worries lets GO....:rolleyes:

being a biker this should be easy right....turn lean, move on..

Nope, was IN the water more then out..also shamed to say i HIT a pontoon, full on..:bag:

dumping the horror stricken instructor and assistant into ice cold waters...hahaha...happy days.

So IF your out in the water..make sure you get gloves.
to repeat...make sure you get gloves.

My pinkies took absolutely AGES to defrost..:arghh:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to the 4s with a 4.6 this morning. Off really early to walk in Sheringham Park. It is so cold outside and really windy. Met Office says it feels like -2 at the moment and it certainly does. Will take my super warm balaclava because I will definitely need it today.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A few years back we sent our last cards with a beautiful poem letting everyone know we wouldnt be sending again but donating to charity
I'm hit & miss with Christmas cards often forgetting to send them...so a few phone calls to ease the fevered brows of any I've forgotten...as long as I remember everyone's birthday I settle for that...I do my charitable donations every month...besides just ordered some kitten food online & I may need to take out a second mortgage to get me through the first year or so.

Reactions: gennepher

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been roped in to play badminton this morning, haven’t played for about 45 yrs and I was pretty rubbish then
I loved badminton DJC would play at every opportunity...once at good old Brixton Rec played one of my good friends & her husband so me & he who must not be mentioned (it's a long story) thrashed them...sadly that was the end of a beautiful friendship.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
House is a building site so even the room cleaned yesterday evening has visible dust again
That comment has taken me back to the trauma of the building work done here...dust in every conceivable space SL...however it is a means to an end once the work is completed & you shut the door on the builders...plumbers...electricians it's bliss.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice brew and taking the time to catch up on the weeks events on Pinprick Place

Lots to post..so here goes..

@PenguinMum ..best wishes for tomorrow.
hope all goes well and score reflect your excellent control. x
woman after me own heart with the safety corridor thinking.

Good morning and a 6 I know why, I satisfied my mood with almost half a bar of 90% chocolate at 1.am that's 7 grams of carbs before bed, slap on the wrist, but it was nice.

Wheels, MILs health care, hospitals to sort today then off to our sons for the evening so a good end to the day.

Seems like muppet party won the day so today more words from dads army come to mind this time from Jones the grocer "don't panic, Captain Mannering, don't panic"

well we both know the MUPPET always wins..it's just a question of degrees which Muppet.
Continued best wishes for wife and MiL ..lucky that she has you as her rock in life

as for chocolate.@djc's right..sometimes only chocolate will do.
( and i thinks it's in survival rations for the same reason..good enough for the SAS good enough for us..;))...

@DJC..great stuff with the spa day..very nice.
and sad about you also and the health police..shouldn't the doctors be one of the FIRST places we could be Honest and get an understanding ear..not just some pre-formatted misinformation spouted at us..:rolleyes:

And @HarryBeau I'm sure it's bedlam but i think you quite like it like that.. with charlie white and Lola tabby, running riot in their NEW Forever Home, and Happy Place..Long may it continue..xx

Congrats @karen8967 .saw the pump was issued and how it seems to be working so well for you.
chuffed for ya..whatever makes life easier for us, and T1's in particular has to be good.
respect to you all for how much you DO have to put up with.

@trick60 ,,hugs for the Man Flu..hope you survived
recommended is bed rest and plenty of good films,,watched in silence..(If possible )
missed the eye check result, hope all went well ?

@gennepher..liking the FANG reading
ties in nicely with @Muddy Cyclist Dracula meter..LoL

@SaskiaKC liking your take on the LCHF..deffo not a one size fits all
so if your roads a little different, so what..we all meet to discuss our T2 war stories and life in general.
it's what makes THIS thread so special, imho..

it's not just a dry figures sheet or an LCHF Rally before marching on the citadels of power..other threads offer that if people need it...

LC ..LCHF..Carnivore, flexitarian veggie and full on vegan..all seem to work for those who make the time and effort to try...So your in good company here, x

No matter what road we travel we ARE a Band of Brothers & Sisters, fighting as well as we can, for as long as we can, to hold back and retain some control of over this insidious beats inside us.

NOT forgetting to share a laugh and a little fun on the way.:D

@ianpspurs ..i like the cricket take.. as a test match..and maybe it's just a bit more like a premiership campaign.
do well, take the plaudits come the end of the season, then regroup and plan strategies for the league and cup campaigns next season..for some teams that means a new management system or a change of personnel and way and ways of training.. for most it's a little tinkering with the same squad just in a different formation.

And as long as your not relegated back to the pre diabetic league, isn't every season a good season,
even without a trophy..;)

and as for Xmas cards hadn't really considered the looking at them every time you enter a room angle.

i wonder if in years to come a mobile picture frame..(or the video tv style alexa /google home styles units, might be an option if the flow does slow to the trickle expected
(currently working in PO and the cards, so they say, are massively down on previous years, so the trends is less, definitely )

Sorry for those i missed..Madam is up and needs refreshments...:D

Love and best wishes to all for a super Sunday...:)

Last edited: