Minimed 640g question

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got my pump yesterday and was given the contour next link meter that sends the bg reading across to the pump. As I've had to record my bgs hourly I'm almost out of test strips. Is it ok to manually enter my bg until I get more? My nurse seemed to really push the fact I needed to use this meter but I'm not sure skipping it for a few hours would be too bad? Do the readings not show on carelink or something?

Also randomly the pump does like a 3tone bleep but I dont see any flashing lights or anything in notifications so I cant work out what it's about?

Apologies for these questions I know they are probably pretty stupid

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @sjm1308

No question is silly so don't worry about that - in regards to manually inputting BG readings it's fine to do so and, just click bolus, input your reading and let the pump do the rest. The fact you have manually entered a reading will record it on the pump and will be visible on your Carelink upload, so no probs.

I don't use the contour any more as i'm on a Dexcom G6 now, however when I first started I used the same meter, but it doesn't make any difference as long as the reading is accurate the pump will then calculate the bolus required to manage the reading.

In regards to the bleep do you have a red flashing light too ? You can check notifications on the display by going to the top bar on the display with the UP arrow and click on notifications there to check, if unsure call medronic customer service, they are really helpful :)

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Juicyj thank you so much you have been such a help these past 12 hours! There is no flashing light or notifications but I've since worked out its actually from my meter switching itself off not the pump at all

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @sjm1308 Ah your welcome, glad I can help :) It's like having a new toy so takes some getting used to, I just played around with mine alot so I knew where to find things or tweak settings, once your settled in with your ratios and your BG levels are more stable then in time your confidence will grow and so it will be easier for you to manage your pump rather than your DSN, I haven't done a download in well over a year now, my DSN asked for one and i'd forgotten how to do it but only as my pump's warranty had run out and she wanted readings for the pump review, doh ! I sent her my Dexcom instead !

Reactions: sjm1308

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Juicyj hi again! Sorry to pester you!

If I check my bg on libra and want to enter it into the pump do I do it through bolus wizard?

If I enter it then just press the exit arrow is that correct? Or do I continue through and confirm no bolus?

Reactions: Juicyj

Helen46

@Juicyj hi again! Sorry to pester you!

If I check my bg on libra and want to enter it into the pump do I do it through bolus wizard?

If I enter it then just press the exit arrow is that correct? Or do I continue through and confirm no bolus?
I would go to Bolus Wizard and then through and confirm no bolus. If your pump thinks you need a small bolus it will then tell you. If not it will tell you no bolus, and you press OK. If you just exit it may not "save" that info. Helen

Reactions: sjm1308 and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @sjm1308 you can also enter you BG readings manually

Go to menu button
scroll down to event markers, select

There you can enter your BG and also any carbs

Reactions: sjm1308