Laptop advice for carelink

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to set up carelink with my pump and need to purchase a laptop for this. It must have windows 7 or above as far as I am aware.

Having absolutely no clue about this could anyone advise me on a simple laptop I'd be able to use for this purpose.

Tia :)

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did get a lend of my friends laptop which has windows 8.1 but when I try to access carelink it says this..
1576423776622.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did get a lend of my friends laptop which has windows 8.1 but when I try to access carelink it says this..View attachment 37198

It looks to me like the laptop screen isn't up to their requirements.

Does the system allow you to carry on and try anyway, or does it just abort?

Why not give them a call on their number at the bottom of the screen. They might be able to guide you somewhat.

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I just went to my neighbor's and tried their PC and saying same. I will give them a ring. Hopefully I can sort it here without having to buy one thank you!
It looks to me like the laptop screen isn't up to their requirements.

Does the system allow you to carry on and try anyway, or does it just abort?

Why not give them a call on their number at the bottom of the screen. They might be able to guide you somewhat.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have to set up carelink with my pump and need to purchase a laptop for this. It must have windows 7 or above as far as I am aware
All support for Win 7 will end by Microsoft next year 2020, Win 8x will not be far behind it. So you are left with Win 10 and it's bloated upgrades every six months.

You can buy a Win 10 lap top for less than $300.00 at major stores here in Australia, so look around where ever you live for a bargain price one.

Reactions: sjm1308

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Windows 8 is the worst Windows possible.