Do you lose weight

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
No
However it will help to curb your hunger/appetite

markd

kennethmiller12 said:
thx for sharing it. Lossing weight is the main problem but I can suggest you one drug that help in lossing weight named as Acomplia.

Acomplia was withdrawn on safety grounds several years ago (together with Meridia).

It caused suicidal thoughts in a significant number of users - even those with no history of depression.

Meridia was associated with an increased number of heart attacks and similar problems..

They both worked by inhibiting your appetite, or by making you feel fuller with less food.

Many people do find that Metformin aids weightloss - during the short period I was on it, I lost weight faster than before or after.

That was the case even after the introductory period when I did get a bit of gastric distress - during which I suspect everyone sheds a few pounds!

Those who do not lose weight with Metformin at least seem to gain less or none at all compared to other anti-diabetic drugs, asccording to several studies, details available through the search engine of your choice.

Our own website here has some information: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-medi ... -loss.html

mark

danielJP

I am not overly overweight but my doctor prescribed metaformin more for T2 diabetic purposes.
Within 6 weeks and without really trying, I shed over half a stone.
The main side effect is tummy issues so I am now on the slow release version and it's much better.
Don't just rely on the drug to loose weight - join slimming World and do more exercise :)

takman

Hi all,
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and changed my diet (to a certain extent :lol: )
I often eat porridge in the morning and have done my best to reduce my carbohydrate intake. I have also eaten more fish and white meat and have less potatoes.
As a result I have lost about half a stone. Interestingly, my partner has lost over a stone because he has been following the same diet. So...my advice is ..just watch what you eat more closely. I don' think Metformin made me lose weight at my partner could be viewed as the "control" in this experiment... I hope that helps but if anyone wants any tips, I have a few FAB recipes that I have found in a few books that make you wonder why diabetes is a problem..
Ian

2808myles

I,ve been on 2500mg a day of metformin for 8 years and i promise you you dont lose weight on it the only way to lose weight is watch what you eat and exercise

jimbo3537

I was diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes in April 2011, on Metaformin 2000mg a day, and my weight loss up to today is two and a half stone, i also know a friend that has lost 3stone in 12 months

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I am on Metformin too and at first I lost a lot of weight without any effort. Unfortunately I then began to think I could eat anything with dire consequences :oops:

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The only way to lose weight is to intake less calories than you expend.

Weight loss is thought to go along with metformin mainly as if it is taken with too many carbs, it will cause upset tummy issues!! Metformins main purpose is to improve insulin resistance, rather than weight loss. But weight loss and reducing your insulin resistance go hand in hand - each helps the other along :)

BAZZA_P

I was diagnosed in April this year ive been taking 500g metformin and cant stop losing weight - ive lost about a stone and now weigh 9st 9 pounds - I want to put some on really