What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
they have been a bit up and down phil but i dare say they will settle im made up not injecting all the time ;)i go back clinic on wednesday and nurse said she will see if i need to do any tweaks x
My DSN knows I was going to play around with my settings. She gave me her mobile number just in case I got into difficulties at any time. Within 10 days I went from 4 basal settings to 10 difgferent setting for day to day, then another 3 for illness and exercise (what is that??) and holiday! :)

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

...and a new diagnosis...I now have Asthma as well as god knows how many others ailments.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My DSN knows I was going to play around with my settings. She gave me her mobile number just in case I got into difficulties at any time. Within 10 days I went from 4 basal settings to 10 difgferent setting for day to day, then another 3 for illness and exercise (what is that??) and holiday! :)
Thanks porl69 you made me giggle i do know i will get used to it its just getting me brain to co-operate

Reactions: JohnEGreen
Type of diabetes
Type 2
this seems quite interesting, maybe you'll get more replies tomorrow morning :)

Just checked and mine was 5.4mmol at 9.30am

Mine usually varies from 5.0-7.5mmol, i like to be around 5-6mmol where possible so i was happy with that this morning :)
Love this discussion but am keen to know if you are on any kind of medication for treating diabetes.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love this discussion but am keen to know if you are on any kind of medication for treating diabetes.
Hi @MurielMarshall, welcome to the thread. It looks like the posts you are referring to are very old posts from a number of years ago so you may not get responses to your questions.

With regard to medication, its fair to say some of us who post, necessarily take meds, others are able to manage their bloods through diet and lifestyle.

I am one of those who are currently not on meds. I just stick to quite a low carb eating plan My fasting bloods hover somewhere between high 4s (only lately) and 5s and have only dipped into the 6s on very rare occasions. There are many people on this forum who manage their type 2 diagnosis by diet and lifestyle and for some their bloods have been well controlled for a number of years. I find a blood glucose meter invaluable for checking how foods affect me.

Any questions please feel free to ask, I'm flagging @Pipp as she has some interesting links in her signature which it might be worthwhile for you to read.

Best regards C.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was flagged by one of the santas, for the benefit of @MurielMarshall, so here I am
My signature can be found by scrolling down through post. Just about to do that, as I am intrigued as to what is there.
:hilarious:
Btw, I am taking 2x500mg Metformin a day.

Oh right, thanks for tag @Ryhia

Today fasting for me was 6.7. Which, considering I have been eating very sensibly is just average. High average that is, but followed up with nice steady 5s all day, not complaining.