Freestyle libre fault

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just went to start a new senser, opened new senser pack and found no needle in senser, tipped it sideways and senser fell out of container, first one like this in 60 sensers I have used, hope this is not one of a batch of faulty sensers

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Make sure you give Abbott a call and they should replace it for you, they will probably want the faulty one back so don't bin it (they supply the packaging)

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have done that and they are sending out a replacement, I always find them very help full here in France

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Never had one do that before and I have used them for coming upto 2 years. As @Rokaab has said give Abbotts a call. They will replace it.....

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Let's hope it is a one off, glad it was now and not in a months time as I will be on holiday for a month or more

Reactions: porl69

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know if I'm going away I always take at least double the amount I think I'll need in case of failures, them getting knocked off or anything else

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not so easy to do here as we only get 2 for 28 day,s and then we have to reorder another 2, so I will just have enough but may have to do blood tests for a few day,s,or maybe I will ask my docter to prescribe a extra 2 to be safe or I could buy 2 or wait and see if they sell them in Myanmar decisions decisions

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not so easy to do here as we only get 2 for 28 day,s and then we have to reorder another 2, so I will just have enough but may have to do blood tests for a few day,s,or maybe I will ask my docter to prescribe a extra 2 to be safe or I could buy 2 or wait and see if they sell them in Myanmar decisions decisions
If you tell the doctor that you're going away for a month and need to take more than 2 with you then they should be able to help - and stock up on other stuff for the trip as well.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes spare pump and all my other medicines just about take up my on-board luggage, one of the problems with all my auto immune problems