My hba1c result.....

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor burst into the room and ecstatically claimed, "You've done very well! You've done what's quite hard to do in 3 months!"
The result was 6.5 (down from 7.0).

I mentioned the support I got from this forum - and she wrote down the name of this site, which I assume she'll be recommending to her diabetic patients.

Thank you for this site, and thank you all for your priceless support and advice!

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news on your HbA1c, but also well done for spreading the word about this forum, it really was my saviour too!

Reactions: angustia

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
My doctor burst into the room and ecstatically claimed, "You've done very well! You've done what's quite hard to do in 3 months!"

I mentioned the support I got from this forum - and she wrote down the name of this site, which I assume she'll be recommending to her diabetic patients.

Thank you for this site, and thank you all for your priceless support and advice!
Very well done. It took me over a year to get my HBA1c from 7.0 to 5.8, so you are well on the way in just 3 months. You are also lucky to have a GP who has taken an interest in what you have done to get your BG down. My GP is pleased that I have reduced my BG to normal levels, but disinterested in what I have done to achieve it. Given how few diabetics succeed in reducing their BG, you would think that doctors would be interested to find out how we did it. Next time you see your GP see how he reacts to the idea of a high fat, low carb diet. My GP went pale when I told her about my high fat diet.

Reactions: angustia

Murphymycat

Type of diabetes
Type 2

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done. It took me over a year to get my HBA1c from 7.0 to 5.8, so you are well on the way in just 3 months. You are also lucky to have a GP who has taken an interest in what you have done to get your BG down. My GP is pleased that I have reduced my BG to normal levels, but disinterested in what I have done to achieve it. Given how few diabetics succeed in reducing their BG, you would think that doctors would be interested to find out how we did it. Next time you see your GP see how he reacts to the idea of a high fat, low carb diet. My GP went pale when I told her about my high fat diet.

I told my doc that I followed Keto. Come to think of it, I think her reaction was "neutral." She was nodding with a smile on her face - but I don't remember her giving any opinion about it. Mind you, she later told me "keep doing what you've been doing."