New Type 1- pains!

Donna1984

Hi Everyone :)

I'm so glad I can come somewhere when I need a little support as I'm really finding it hard at the minute! 5 weeks diagnosed...

My issue is I am getting pins and needle in both my hands and feet and it has been there all day today! Is it possible I could have Neuropathy so early In my doafnoskss? Also mg Hba1c was down to 66 yesterday so I'm on the right path even though I'm honeymooning :(

Thank you x

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

Very very unlikely to be nerve damage as you've not long had the disease. More likely is your body getting used to the new more normal blood sugar levels. I know it took me around 3 months to get back to feeling properly normal. Did you have dka when dx'd? Thats a massive impact on you body and take quite a while to fully recover from.

Still best get checked out with the doctor.

JPW1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Almost certainly just due to blood glucose reducing I had that for ages when I was first diagnosed.

Reactions: Donna1984

Donna1984

Hi.

Very very unlikely to be nerve damage as you've not long had the disease. More likely is your body getting used to the new more normal blood sugar levels. I know it took me around 3 months to get back to feeling properly normal. Did you have dka when dx'd? Thats a massive impact on you body and take quite a while to fully recover from.

Still best get checked out with the doctor.
@eventhorizon

Thank you for putting my mind more at rest. I wasn't DKA but had ketones at 2.0 and was pretty unwell. I have been keeping good control and had mostly in range b.s. if not too many hypos due to honeymoon. I will check when next at hospital/doctors too just to make sure :) xx