A sentence in this article.....

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ves-350-000-people-new-type-1-5-diabetes.html

"Even when someone with Lada is on insulin, we find their blood sugar levels are difficult to manage, and we are not sure why that is."

I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago at the age of 43. I didn't spend much time 'misdiagnosed' as T2 because I got so sick so quickly (& even then I'm not sure how on earth my GP surgery thought I could be T2 - the ketone level alone should have got me an A&E visit)

Anyway, my body still has really variable responses to insulin. I thought it was a combination of long honeymoon and just being really sensitive to small doses (sometimes), but perhaps its actually a feature of the disease.

I don't really have any features of T2 though and I'm not sure what the article means when it says LADA shares characteristics of both. To me it is just late onset T1 with the antibodies to prove it in my case.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Daily"fail"!!!!!!!! They really have no idea!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
This is the issue with labels, it's the treatment which defines the condition in my view. I work with someone who's been diagnosed LADA but we talk about it the same way as t1 as it's treated with insulin.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ves-350-000-people-new-type-1-5-diabetes.html

"Even when someone with Lada is on insulin, we find their blood sugar levels are difficult to manage, and we are not sure why that is."

I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago at the age of 43. I didn't spend much time 'misdiagnosed' as T2 because I got so sick so quickly (& even then I'm not sure how on earth my GP surgery thought I could be T2 - the ketone level alone should have got me an A&E visit)

Anyway, my body still has really variable responses to insulin. I thought it was a combination of long honeymoon and just being really sensitive to small doses (sometimes), but perhaps its actually a feature of the disease.

I don't really have any features of T2 though and I'm not sure what the article means when it says LADA shares characteristics of both. To me it is just late onset T1 with the antibodies to prove it in my case.
Hi I have had LADA since June 2018 and the same very variable response, I recently got the freestyle libre which has been very helpful in proving my point at the local hospital. The solution, different needles, upped from 5mm to 6mm and its made a big difference. Hope this info helps you.