Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A keyboard on a pirate ship? What century are you in?
Surely, it should be the gang plank at risk of damage?

Sorry - forgot to say "Welcome Pirate Twin."
Hope your mainsail is hoisted as your navigate Europa.

Hi and steam powered hence keyboard.

Both of you? Now there's a coincidence?

No just one, it is becoming confusing being two so we will become one, guess it makes life easier :)

Libre? Just had a third sensor in a row fail at day 12, have they changed something to make them give up the ghost or volunteer to walk off the plank at day 12?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not looking forward to christmas and social interaction with happy people. My head is still very much filled with Old Dog Hiddes dying last thursday, and him not being here anymore.

Diabetes is behaving surprisingly well, despite not having slept enough in over a week and having changed my eating pattern to eating something when I have the slightest feeling I can manage to eat a little.

I did expect to have a hard time after his death but hadn't counted on grief being this big. It hurts an awful lot.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Take it easy @Antje77 am sure those around you will understand, grief is hard to comprehend, but as long as you're looking after yourself that's all that matters right now, it sounds like he left an enormous hole x

Reactions: Leeannea

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
A bit miserable because boyfriend left today to go to his parents for Christmas. Blood sugars were okay, 10.7 this morning.
About work, they told us to wear non slip, robust shoes for work. But we never did and yesterday I did and I was told that I’m not allowed to wear them.
It’s going to be a difficult week because of work and holidays. But CGM fitting tomorrow and a few hours of work because manager doesn’t want me in for long.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my specs today and my goodness, I’ve been sailing with blurry vision for so long, but this HD vision is life changing. I have 20/20 vision and I can read the smallest print

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: sleeve garter is what it is going to be from today :) Miaomiao is still sending signals to xdrip+, so I am going to keep it on

Hi,

Toying with investing in a MM. Pretty much fed up waiting for the L2?
Can't be doing with all the double sided tape either?

How good are those armbands at keeping the MM in place?

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Come on mate. I would of thought a long timer like you would have just cut the toes out of an old sock and gone with it.:)

Strangely,

That's what I do to cover the soles of my shoes in icy weather...? ;)

Reactions: Juicyj

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I got my specs today and my goodness, I’ve been sailing with blurry vision for so long, but this HD vision is life changing. I have 20/20 vision and I can read the smallest print

When out sailing you can probably recognise pirates from further away as well.;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit of a mashup on the playlist tonight, as we get in the Christmas mood....

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Bit of a mashup on the playlist tonight, as we get in the Christmas mood....

J - Christmas must be a riot round at your gaff!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
A day of being pushed around by work colleagues and my supervisor. My mum left me a depressing message to say that someone broke into her home but luckily my brother was there and they didn’t take anything

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone know if compression socks and an acupuncture mat will help my aching legs?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening chaps, fair bit to catch up on. Ahoy, PirateyPersons, glad you’ve abandoned the Royal we. Was making the teeth of my inner (outer!) grammar pedant itch :D

Placement finished, feeling a bit bereft tbh. I’d got very close to my crewmates and really miss them :( Last day was a humdinger, a real rollercoaster of emotion, including me ending up being the patient when I shredded my thumb opening a morphine vial. Ended up bleeding all over the ambo and needing to book myself into A&E to get my hand X-rayed for glass. Held a lady’s hand as she passed away. Went to a premature baby who was gray and barely breathing, safely delivered to the paediatric unit. Was a day of flashing and dashing, but I did get to press the 999 button on the truck. And fire up the sirens when we were in a tunnel :D it’s the little things!

Went to see my dad today, he’s been diagnosed as prediabetic with an HbA1c of 44. He’s adopted the Pioppi diet and lost almost a stone in three weeks, which is amazing. I fitted him with a spare Libre today, so he can see exactly how different foods are affecting his levels - being like me, he’s thrilled to be part cyborg. Thankfully he didn’t bleed when I nailed the thing on, a bit of a concern for me as he’s on blood thinners. He’s determined to sort his blood sugar issues before they become a problem. Took him a box of homemade low carb iced gingerbread people, lemon cakes and chocolate orange doughnuts too.

My own diabetes barely bothers me at all with Loop. Worth every penny sacrificed to buy the bits I needed. Had bloods taken for an HbA1c on Friday, I’ll ring tomorrow and see if the results are in. It’s the first I’ve had done since starting my paramedic course and shift working. Last one was 35, but I’ll be thrilled with anything under 40. Collected my next three months worth of Dexcom supplies, and have been reassured that my current loopable pod supply is secure, even though they’re upgrading new users to the new (non loopable) version. Love my team ❤️ I took them some (proper) iced gingerbread biscuits as a token of my appreciation for all the support I’ve had :)

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Little update after my sad post earlier. There's fun (but somewhat disturbing) things happening in my life as well, with 2 kittens in the house!
79965448_10219357342678636_2953210635032199168_o.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@LooperCat I wasn't sure to give you a winner for placement finished, seeing your dad or hugs for the holding the hand of someone dying and cutting your finger.

@MeiChanski I love acupuncture for aches and pains, but usually you have to go regularly for it to help.My feet were helped the most by wearing crocks when they ached from standing all day, which is probably not allowed.

Hugs @Antje77 The kittens are good for the soul.

I slipped in my kitchen in a rush and screwed up my lower back. Let's just pile on the back injuries. I am finally starting to feel better, but insulin is acting like it's water and I'm hardly eating so I don't think it's being very fair.

Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, we're ;) sorry @LooperCat for putting your teeth on edge.

@Antje77 do you have more than one climbing cat?

Morning all, a calm sea was sailed last night, but something that was not wanted, need to push the blood sugars up, woke to a thunderous headache and a 2.7, must be nearly 15 days in a row been that low. Nevermind,just have to rethink things, time for coffee.

Happy Christmas Eve :D