Can u pls report your fasting c peptite and BG early on diagnosis?

Winnie-the-Pooh

Hi,

I’m still in the process of figuring which one I have.

Can you report your fasting c peptite and BG early on ? When the diagnosis was still early ? And any information you can share , age , BMI , family history.

Thank you so much

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Can you report your fasting c peptite and BG early on ? When the diagnosis was still early ? And any information you can share , age , BMI , family history.

Thank you so much

I still don’t have an official diagnosis .... but I am treated as T1 and insulin dependant on a nasal/bolus regime.

I was 26 when my symptoms started - the usual thirst, thrush, losing weight (1 stone in 3 weeks), tiredness...

My mum is T2 and my sister has gestational.

I had my c peptide done twice - once fasting and once stimulated. One came back low and one came back medium low. It took about 4 weeks to come back :)

My first HbA1c was 103 and a year later it’s 50. Over the last year I have needed more insulin as the time has gone on.

Hope that helps but if you need anything else, let me know! :)

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh

I still don’t have an official diagnosis .... but I am treated as T1 and insulin dependant on a nasal/bolus regime.

I was 26 when my symptoms started - the usual thirst, thrush, losing weight (1 stone in 3 weeks), tiredness...

My mum is T2 and my sister has gestational.

I had my c peptide done twice - once fasting and once stimulated. One came back low and one came back medium low. It took about 4 weeks to come back :)

My first HbA1c was 103 and a year later it’s 50. Over the last year I have needed more insulin as the time has gone on.

Hope that helps but if you need anything else, let me know! :)

Thanks . It’s impressive how your A1C dropped. Well done You might be LADA . Have u done anti body tests ?
My whole family and aunts and uncles have diabetes too . Good thing is they are making so much progress in treating diabetes and devices etc. So it gonna be easier for us compared to them. We have T2 in the family , except cousin who was T1 (LADA).

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks . It’s impressive how your A1C dropped. Well done You might be LADA . Have u done anti body tests ?
My whole family and aunts and uncles have diabetes too . Good thing is they are making so much progress in treating diabetes and devices etc. So it gonna be easier for us compared to them. We have T2 in the family , except cousin who was T1 (LADA).

my anti body test was negative - think that’s why my diagnosis is so up in the air!
I think they are happy to just treat me as T1 due to my age, my symptoms, weight and how quickly I had to go on insulin!

hope you get a diagnosis soon!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
On diagnosis, my fasting c-peptide was 0.17 ng/mL (normal 0.78-1.89), HbA1c 11.6%, glucose tolerance test blood 30 mmol/l two hours after drinking 66 grams of carbs, BMI 19.5, age 35, cousin with type 1, sister with gestational diabetes. I was diagnosed as type 1 straight away. I was given an antibody test later which came back as GAD positive.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Thank you so much
Can you tell us what your results are and BMI etc please?