Type 1'stars R Us

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Santa just hit Perth - merry Christmas Australia!
@Diakat .....when tracking Santa have you managed to find the exact point at which he visits your house......have tracked him in the past and he seems to take an interesting route....probably something to do with time zones I guess....
....and a Merry Christmas to you too!

Reactions: Marie 2

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat .....when tracking Santa have you managed to find the exact point at which he visits your house......have tracked him in the past and he seems to take an interesting route....probably something to do with time zones I guess....
....and a Merry Christmas to you too!
Merry Christmas to you and yours Molly.
I have never looked his arrival here up online (might have to now) I usually just trusted in it happening sometime between sleep and waking.

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse told me today that during the first week of insulin pump training, I can go straight onto it if I feel confident. No saline, straight onto the pump and insulin.
I received a letter as well to ask my GP to prescribe vials and it’s Novorapid, I’m a little confused as to why Novorapid and not fiasp
I went on insulin straight away mei x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas to you and yours Molly.
I have never looked his arrival here up online (might have to now) I usually just trusted in it happening sometime between sleep and waking.

He's heading for India now.

Like you, I trust him to visit whilst I sleep. That has always worked in the past. ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
He's heading for India now.

Like you, I trust him to visit whilst I sleep. That has always worked in the past. ;)
Did you know there is a world wide network of vets, called ELVES, that is prepared to take care of Santa's reindeer during their work around christmas? Pretty magical!
Look for Horse Vet Corner on Facebook. It's a closed group, but you'll still find this post and it's reactions because people have shared. The reactions are pretty magical too, vets from all over the world chipped in to declare they were all ready to take care of Santa's reindeer!
80669582_2773140322913325_6611663979628462080_n.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not been around much recently. It’s nothing personal but just a bit of a change is sometimes required.
To all of the truly wonderful gals and guys on this thread I’d just like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. I think there may be a few new posters who I’ve yet to really chat to, nonetheless the same message goes out to you as well.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Christmas one and all.
Shall not be worrying about numbers for the next couple of days. If I’m high I’ll inject, if low will eat. Life’s too short to worry! Planning to enjoy. Will not be letting diabetes stop me!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski If you calibrate too often it will freeze up. I think if it’s a big difference in numbers it will ask for another calibration in a certain time.

Make sure when you calibrate you do a finger stick and wait 10-15 minutes to compare because it is about that long behind. It also usually helps to wait a few hours before the first calibration. The first hours it won’t be accurate. Some people wear it, “soak” it first so it starts out more accurate.

I find I like it more accurate around the numbers I like to be at most, so I only calibrate it when it is around 5.6. Knowing it will be off more at higher numbers.

Merry Christmas All!!!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Christmas one and all.
Shall not be worrying about numbers for the next couple of days. If I’m high I’ll inject, if low will eat. Life’s too short to worry! Planning to enjoy. Will not be letting diabetes stop me!
WINNER all the way. Have a great Christmas.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Merry Christmas from the Cotswolds - hope it’s a happy stable non hypo event for all !!

Attachments

• F5718BB2-A3D7-460B-8C26-9E33A9672DD6.jpeg
    F5718BB2-A3D7-460B-8C26-9E33A9672DD6.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 210

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Christmas!

I've no idea how long I'll stay awake this afternoon once I've tumbled off the organ stool for the last time until Sunday Morning so I thought I'd better wish you all a Happy Christmas now!!

Also taking the "If I'm high, I'll inject more (or walk it off), if I'm low, I'll treat" approach. That box of biscuity treats from Young Vampire is looking most appealing and may have to be part of breakfast.... (I did giggle at the parental comment in the card of "Don't just eat them as hypo fixes!)