Update on the me!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hello hello my diabetic and non-diabetic darlings, merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all :happy:

My my it had been a fair few months, almost feels like a year when it’s only been since around august. First things first I’m sorry for suddenly disappearing like that and I truly do appreciate some of you checking in with me and giving me a little welcome back before. I’ve been logging on now and then and rooting for you all and wishing you all the best but my mental bandwidth has been shot due to moving jobs, working on the house with my father and also an operation that I have been waiting for almost three years to finally get and thankfully went well. I’ll go more into that later but warning for then it’s not especially nice but I’m not reticent about talking about it.

One year on

Yep it goes so fast doesn’t it? It’s practically been one year since I got that horrific HBA1C of mine so I wanted to take a look back on the year right now. Starting off at a chronically ill, 22 stone 12 pounds man of 29 years of age that was suffering from numbness to his thigh and little toe alongside losing a chunk of his tooth? I was a mess and a half. I came on here looking for help and guidance, I really was so confused about what I should do and I was actually rather non-receptive because yep I was a slave to my desires.

Thanks to all of you and your kind words, encouragement and straight up giving me a kick up the proverbial rump I got my A1C down to technical remission in a few months when I started truly low carb eating. I stopped blundering around and got to the real work after that mixing in time restricted eating and fasting as well because I wasn’t even hungry anymore. Along with that I got myself back into a job even though that didn’t work out for me in the end due to issues with management but I didn’t give up and went into a new job which was a temp job but now? Got myself a permanent one for the new year!

During that time I did get my next A1C of 29 which made me jump for joy, alongside that a Look North and Channel 5 interview thanks to the fantastic team here at Diabetes.co.uk so I could spread the word to the rest of the UK that it’s not a hopeless situation to be stuck in and I was living proof of it all. Over such time my feeling came back to my toe, even though it was stinging my thigh is back to normal and in that time I enjoyed a lovely holiday to wales and discovered that a cheeky ice cream didn’t spike me like I thought nor did it trigger a mass of hyperphagia in me to devour more. It was almost as if I had tamed a long standing beast but I wasn’t about to take my eye off of the ball.

Skip forwards and thanks to a double dose of infections and stress due to the job change and sleepless nights I got a surprise HBA1C of 35 that really did knock my confidence, rattled me a little. Even with a lack of post meal spikes (you should have seen the amount of strips gathered up in testing!) it seemed like the elevated numbers were caused by issues with my illnesses but I am back to normal now. It did stunt me from posting on here so much because I kind of felt I let you all down? Maybe I built myself up too much and didn’t want to disappoint but I’m over that now, I’m still in remission and I am getting over the illnesses that were causing my problems.

I am still proud of everything however because I have weighed myself up at the end of last week and I have gone from 22 stone 12 pounds or 145kg/320lbs to what you might ask? 13 stone 6 pounds! Or 85kg/188lbs! So in a year that is a 9 stone 4 pounds in total which is 60kg/132lbs! I still cannot believe it myself if I’m honest with you, I am now at a below obese BMI for the first time since I was a teenager and people say that I look like I am ten years younger than I am.

By all means this doesn’t stop now, my goal in the new year is to get to a healthy BMI (or at least a healthy smart BMI) and build myself back up, this year has been a year of breaking down back to basics and losing the weight and getting my way of eating to be cemented in stone. This next one is building up again, working out again once the house is done and finding pleasure in a more active job than sitting at a desk and recovering from my surgery. Plus it’s still funny when people see me drinking black coffee these days with how much my taste has changed.

Now onto that topic, if you’re slightly squeamish at all then I implore you not to read on and thank you for getting this far! It means the world to me that you are all here supporting one another in the world of Diabetes of all types and sizes, you’ve been awe inspiring and sweet. I’ve missed you all and appreciate all you do so it’s great to be back around! Look after yourselves and never lose hope in the future :cat:

The Surgery aka. Resolving a Long Standing Problem

Now onto the kinda gory parts...

When I was first diagnosed I was flush with two horrific conditions, thrush and then whilst on holiday in Jersey? A massively thrombosed external haemorrhoid that gave me so much pain it left me immobile some days, this fairly dramatically burst on the closing week of the holiday leaving me with some relief. Well around a year later it came back but it was a new kind of pain, the pain of an abscess that again ran its course but because of my diabetes? Never healed properly and kept recurring. My doctor didn’t bother with it as my blood sugars at that time were around 70 on the A1C sooooooo honestly I can see why looking back.

Well recently I learned that progressed into a fistula-in-ano which explained the amount of pain and recurrence I was getting. However over this year the recurrence of the abscess has been nil, my movements are a lot smoother and less often so it has chances to actually heal. Still however I went in for a check once my bloods were down and got the diagnosis and a surgery date which was the start of this month and I have been in.

Joyfully for Christmas the hospital gave to me!

ONE LOOSE SETON! :shifty:

And that was it, no more song there sorry :p

So yep I am having to let this thing drain off and have a follow up soon which fingers crossed will be with a healing fistula or at least one that just needs a single follow up. It’s the last issue that needs to be addressed for me to get back to truly normal and thank goodness a low insulin and fasting lifestyle has been so easy for me to follow that has also helped with my digestion and healing issues.

And again thank you for reading this far down and for taking in my other health gripes; you’re all stars! SUPER stars :D

Reactions: DJC3

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are such a winner, glad you are on the way to a full recovery. Merry Christmas!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You look about 18 in that picture.. amazing results and glad to hear that everything is finally settling down.
Congrats on the new job too.. without doubt a fully paid up member of the SUPERSTAR club!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Very good to see you back!
I'll have my fingers crossed that a year from now your current pain the *** will be a distant memory!
Hello hello my diabetic and non-diabetic darlings, merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all :happy:

My my it had been a fair few months, almost feels like a year when it’s only been since around august. First things first I’m sorry for suddenly disappearing like that and I truly do appreciate some of you checking in with me and giving me a little welcome back before. I’ve been logging on now and then and rooting for you all and wishing you all the best but my mental bandwidth has been shot due to moving jobs, working on the house with my father and also an operation that I have been waiting for almost three years to finally get and thankfully went well. I’ll go more into that later but warning for then it’s not especially nice but I’m not reticent about talking about it.

One year on

Yep it goes so fast doesn’t it? It’s practically been one year since I got that horrific HBA1C of mine so I wanted to take a look back on the year right now. Starting off at a chronically ill, 22 stone 12 pounds man of 29 years of age that was suffering from numbness to his thigh and little toe alongside losing a chunk of his tooth? I was a mess and a half. I came on here looking for help and guidance, I really was so confused about what I should do and I was actually rather non-receptive because yep I was a slave to my desires.

Thanks to all of you and your kind words, encouragement and straight up giving me a kick up the proverbial rump I got my A1C down to technical remission in a few months when I started truly low carb eating. I stopped blundering around and got to the real work after that mixing in time restricted eating and fasting as well because I wasn’t even hungry anymore. Along with that I got myself back into a job even though that didn’t work out for me in the end due to issues with management but I didn’t give up and went into a new job which was a temp job but now? Got myself a permanent one for the new year!

During that time I did get my next A1C of 29 which made me jump for joy, alongside that a Look North and Channel 5 interview thanks to the fantastic team here at Diabetes.co.uk so I could spread the word to the rest of the UK that it’s not a hopeless situation to be stuck in and I was living proof of it all. Over such time my feeling came back to my toe, even though it was stinging my thigh is back to normal and in that time I enjoyed a lovely holiday to wales and discovered that a cheeky ice cream didn’t spike me like I thought nor did it trigger a mass of hyperphagia in me to devour more. It was almost as if I had tamed a long standing beast but I wasn’t about to take my eye off of the ball.

Skip forwards and thanks to a double dose of infections and stress due to the job change and sleepless nights I got a surprise HBA1C of 35 that really did knock my confidence, rattled me a little. Even with a lack of post meal spikes (you should have seen the amount of strips gathered up in testing!) it seemed like the elevated numbers were caused by issues with my illnesses but I am back to normal now. It did stunt me from posting on here so much because I kind of felt I let you all down? Maybe I built myself up too much and didn’t want to disappoint but I’m over that now, I’m still in remission and I am getting over the illnesses that were causing my problems.

I am still proud of everything however because I have weighed myself up at the end of last week and I have gone from 22 stone 12 pounds or 145kg/320lbs to what you might ask? 13 stone 6 pounds! Or 85kg/188lbs! So in a year that is a 9 stone 4 pounds in total which is 60kg/132lbs! I still cannot believe it myself if I’m honest with you, I am now at a below obese BMI for the first time since I was a teenager and people say that I look like I am ten years younger than I am.

By all means this doesn’t stop now, my goal in the new year is to get to a healthy BMI (or at least a healthy smart BMI) and build myself back up, this year has been a year of breaking down back to basics and losing the weight and getting my way of eating to be cemented in stone. This next one is building up again, working out again once the house is done and finding pleasure in a more active job than sitting at a desk and recovering from my surgery. Plus it’s still funny when people see me drinking black coffee these days with how much my taste has changed.

Now onto that topic, if you’re slightly squeamish at all then I implore you not to read on and thank you for getting this far! It means the world to me that you are all here supporting one another in the world of Diabetes of all types and sizes, you’ve been awe inspiring and sweet. I’ve missed you all and appreciate all you do so it’s great to be back around! Look after yourselves and never lose hope in the future :cat:

When I was first diagnosed I was flush with two horrific conditions, thrush and then whilst on holiday in Jersey? A massively thrombosed external haemorrhoid that gave me so much pain it left me immobile some days, this fairly dramatically burst on the closing week of the holiday leaving me with some relief. Well around a year later it came back but it was a new kind of pain, the pain of an abscess that again ran its course but because of my diabetes? Never healed properly and kept recurring. My doctor didn’t bother with it as my blood sugars at that time were around 70 on the A1C sooooooo honestly I can see why looking back.

Well recently I learned that progressed into a fistula-in-ano which explained the amount of pain and recurrence I was getting. However over this year the recurrence of the abscess has been nil, my movements are a lot smoother and less often so it has chances to actually heal. Still however I went in for a check once my bloods were down and got the diagnosis and a surgery date which was the start of this month and I have been in.

So yep I am having to let this thing drain off and have a follow up soon which fingers crossed will be with a healing fistula or at least one that just needs a single follow up. It’s the last issue that needs to be addressed for me to get back to truly normal and thank goodness a low insulin and fasting lifestyle has been so easy for me to follow that has also helped with my digestion and healing issues.

And again thank you for reading this far down and for taking in my other health gripes; you’re all stars! SUPER stars :D
You're a top guy, who I have alot of time for. I am glad that you over the worst of your trials. Be mindful that you haven't had alot a "me" time to really get your head around your initial diagnosis, extra ordinary diabetes and weight loss achievements. Losing so much weight must have a mental impact, as well as the obvious physical, maybe friends didn't even recognise you at times. Then there's the operation. It's really good to see you around.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Caeseji - just look at that gorgeous avatar! You have lost more than I weigh and gained a new improved life with a non-hurting rear. Go you!

Reactions: Juicyj

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t recognise you there mate, until I read the user name. :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You know what, there are many superstars on this forum but I can honestly say you are right up there in the number one spot. I have read many of your posts and you are truly an inspiration, no 'poor me's, (which would be understandable), just ploughing on and on despite everything. Welcome back @Caeseji, you are looking and sounding good. x.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh, @Caeseji - You should be incredibly proud of yourself. I bet your family are brimming over for you.

Wishing you and yours a grerat Christmas and everything you wish for yourself in 2020.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow @Caeseji well done, I bet you feel so proud of yourself!
I hope you have a Merry Xmas and all you wish for next year x

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow!!!
Congratulations- you must feel over the moon. I really love hearing these types of stories- these stories help inspire his when we really don't feel inspired. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for sharing and again Congratulations !!!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

One year on

Well - well done you. What a champion.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done young man i remember when you first posted on here ,,youve done so well...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

One year on

I could cry. I saw your pic and my jaw dropped. You went through hell and holy s***, no pun intended, but there it is.... I am so very proud of you. YAY YOU! And hopefully there won't be any more bad a** days, just you being a hardcore bad a**. :)

Really. I'm bursting for you. Congratulations. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for some fast, effortless healing.
HUGS!
Jo

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another voice to say how amazingly well you have done. The diabetes control, the weight loss, the health trials, the honest and raw accounts and most definitely not least the humility you display. You look a different person and I very much hope feel a much improved version of yourself. I love the fact that you have such a positive plan for the next year, consolidation and rebuilding. I wish you well young man for the new year.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
What a star you are and what an amazing transformation that has taken place well done does just not seem to cut it but well done.

:)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
upload_2019-12-25_16-23-32.jpeg

What a transformation. Hope you recover quickly and may 2020 be a wonderful year for you.

Reactions: Diakat

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You are such an inspiration to others.

Onwards and Upwards