Great results thanks to all here!

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got the distinct impression that I am not a typical type 2 patient.So I am rocking the boat a bit too much, the downside for them being they may have to actually look at what I am doing.This is obviously out of their comfort zone.
Much better for them if I just do what I am told, stay with slowly rising blood glucose levels and increasing levels of medication, progressing to insulin.
This WILL NOT happen.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Totally agree!
Don't do what I had to put with for over a decade!
You should be a star patient and praised for your control.
Don't let the barstewards grind you down.
You know you are doing really well, just nod and ignore the fools!

Reactions: 4 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the distinct impression that I am not a typical type 2 patient.So I am rocking the boat a bit too much, the downside for them being they may have to actually look at what I am doing.This is obviously out of their comfort zone.
Much better for them if I just do what I am told, stay with slowly rising blood glucose levels and increasing levels of medication, progressing to insulin.
This WILL NOT happen.
Agree that's exactly what I felt too.

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
This WILL NOT happen.
Well done red snapper

Reactions: Guna108

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But the real humdinger " maybe 39 is too low, we would be happier if you were around 52 or 53 " she thinks this will be more sustainable.Mmmmm and well into diabetic range.Words fail me.

I said in a previous post I would not be deflected,and I did not go for a pat on the back,but I have now decided I will let them test me when needed, and to help me manage my condition and I will continue to do my own thing regardless of their view.
Recently there have been small chinks of light with media recognition of LCHF but clearly there is still a long long way to go.
Anyway onwards.

Bizarrely my Doctor said something similar when reading my latest results (40).....I would be happier with your HbA1c perhaps a little above that. I just dismissed the comment.....didn't realise other people were being told that also. I wont be satisfied until I am in the low 30s and have been there for a couple of years!!

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Bizarrely my Doctor said something similar when reading my latest results (40).....I would be happier with your HbA1c perhaps a little above that. I just dismissed the comment.....didn't realise other people were being told that also. I wont be satisfied until I am in the low 30s and have been there for a couple of years!!
Ditto my doc wanted me to go higher am currently av' 4.7 hba1c...i laughed at his suggestion and left

Jane!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have similar from my DSN - she said my first hba1c of 43 was too low, keeps telling me she'd like more random high glucose readings & shows no interest in my diet (or exercise) at all .. & tries to get rid of me as quickly as she can! Am following Dr Bernstein's guidance & continuing to read & learn as much as I can. Thank goodness for online support!

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Folks it is a long time since l have posted on here.But I wanted to give those interested a long term update on my T2D and specifically my progress with the LCHF diet.This may be a long post once again.
When I look on here I generally look at the new posts coming in and still notice a large number of newly diagnosed T2’s who are shocked and more than a little confused.I remember it well.
If you can be bothered to look through this thread I have shared my LCHF success previously.
So update I am nearly four and a half years on LCHF. I do not find it difficult at all and all my recent hbA1c results have been the same at 41.So there is possible room for improvement but to be fair I have relaxed a bit on my carb intake in the interests of keeping going.If I was to have a setback I know exactly what to do, just go really low carb!
I have had no further issues and all my bloods are in the green apart from cholesterol on my last test.I stopped my statin for a few months tho.I will be interested to see if it goes back down to around 5.0 next time.It has stayed around this mark so I can safely say that so far the high fat part of the diet seems to be safe enough for me.
One other thing I regularly bump into people who are type 2 and the vast majority do not know about a low carb diet.Unfortunately when I take the time to explain my “remission” all too often the response is negative.Mostly I couldn’t possibly do that!! I can only assume these people are also unaware of the longer term complications of diabetes.So still work to do!
The purpose of my post is to once again reiterate to those thinking of going LCHF...crack on what have you got to lose.
As I always say Bacon and Eggs anyone”?? Still love that

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Folks it is a long time since l have posted on here.But I wanted to give those interested a long term update on my T2D and specifically my progress with the LCHF diet.This may be a long post once again.
When I look on here I generally look at the new posts coming in and still notice a large number of newly diagnosed T2’s who are shocked and more than a little confused.I remember it well.
If you can be bothered to look through this thread I have shared my LCHF success previously.
So update I am nearly four and a half years on LCHF. I do not find it difficult at all and all my recent hbA1c results have been the same at 41.So there is possible room for improvement but to be fair I have relaxed a bit on my carb intake in the interests of keeping going.If I was to have a setback I know exactly what to do, just go really low carb!
I have had no further issues and all my bloods are in the green apart from cholesterol on my last test.I stopped my statin for a few months tho.I will be interested to see if it goes back down to around 5.0 next time.It has stayed around this mark so I can safely say that so far the high fat part of the diet seems to be safe enough for me.
One other thing I regularly bump into people who are type 2 and the vast majority do not know about a low carb diet.Unfortunately when I take the time to explain my “remission” all too often the response is negative.Mostly I couldn’t possibly do that!! I can only assume these people are also unaware of the longer term complications of diabetes.So still work to do!
The purpose of my post is to once again reiterate to those thinking of going LCHF...crack on what have you got to lose.
As I always say Bacon and Eggs anyone”?? Still love that

Great news and well done for keeping it up.. there are so many who could benefit but seem to be unaware of how..

Reactions: Redsnapper

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the update.

People often query how long they can keep up with LC, and what it does long term.
And the answers are usually ‘indefinitely’ and ‘makes you keep feeling better!’

You are a great example. :D

Reactions: Redsnapper