The Boxing Day food blitz!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was so good the first year, but my second Christmas has been harder.
A friend took me out for dinner - a very rare thing as I usually spend Christmas day on my own, happily slouching around in pjs and not cooking.
Back on low carb yesterday, and it seems I survived one day off without any bad spikes. The impact was on my carb craving which is bad.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Boxing day we went to visit friends they put on a little buffet sausage rolls mini pizza quich ham rolls and stollen cake cheeses et cetera. Well to be honest I just tucked in thing is our friend is also T2 how ironic.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
The thing to do is eat so much turkey, sausage and butter with the green veg (sprouts etc) so that the carbs that are consumed last think their fat or protein! :)

My b.g. was 6.0 at peak after my Christmas dinner.

On Boxing day I didn't need much to eat at all!
D.

Reactions: urbanracer

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
The thing to do is eat so much turkey, sausage and butter with the green veg (sprouts etc) so that the carbs that are consumed last think their fat or protein! :)

My b.g. was 6.0 at peak after my Christmas dinner.
D.
So if I ate generous helpings of pork, salmon and beef and then followed it up with a slice of cheesecake then the cheesecake would slip through incognito? :D

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if you ate generous portions of pork, salmon and beef you may not be able to eat the cheesecake.....on the other hand I've always had a spare stomach for dessert:)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if you ate generous portions of pork, salmon and beef you may not be able to eat the cheesecake.....on the other hand I've always had a spare stomach for dessert:)
Well...I did. I have a large capacity for food. :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My grandson went to the gym last night came home cooked a chicken and ate it now that's a high capacity for food. I said who do you think you are Henry VIII, he's got another one in the fridge to cook for his late night snack tonight.:banghead:

Reactions: Bluetit1802

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So if I ate generous helpings of pork, salmon and beef and then followed it up with a slice of cheesecake then the cheesecake would slip through incognito? :D

Of course Listlad, we all know it doesn't count unless it's eaten on its own. x

Reactions: Brunneria

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Swiggy
Pleased to cause a smile but so sorry to hear you've broken your arm. So painful and very inconvenient, eh? I've had broken elbows (yes, plural, amongst other breaks) so know how painful breaks can be. I hope you're making good progress and due to be back to 'normal' very soon. {{{Hugs}}}

What did you fall from? I went over the handle bars of my (push) bike, years ago, age 15. I'm sure your 'calamity' was much more exciting ...
Ha ha, sorry to disappoint @energise but my fall was pretty big standard. As much as I would love to claim that I tripped as a result of quaffing Mojitos in a ritzy bar on London's skyline I actually fell on my way home from a hygienist appointment. Not much of a reward for being a good girl and trying to keep hold of a full set of teeth.
I hope you have had a brilliant Christmas. X

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh bless you @Swiggy
I hope you're doing OK now
Yes, Christmas was OK, thanks. Friends and rels looked after me ;)
Best wishes for the New Year, 2020

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
So after being pretty good Christmas Day , just a potato that I normally wouldn’t of had Boxing Day went a bit to pot!
At the in-laws had a whole bar of 85% choc loads of salted nuts then......
Full roast with 4 potatoes, gravy , parsnips, stuffing, carrots , sprouts, home made sausage meat amonst other things!
Just when you thought it was over had a piece of Christmas pud with custard!
Knew this wasn’t gonna end well but it’s only one day right.
90 mins after eating 7.8
2 hours and 10 mins 7.0
So overall first time I’ve seen a 7 in a long time but that could of been worse right?
Just to clarify though now feel bloated and sick and no desire to repeat that until next year
Hope you all had a good one

Had to mark that as winner. BG number for what you ate were VERY good to be truthful

Reactions: Lotties