What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
high for me at 11.2 done a pod change yesterday but have done another one today so hopefully that will work :)ps hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday x

Reactions: philchap1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.7 this morning.

Has been a pretty free and easy last few days as far as food has been concerned put on a kilo and had far to many carbs.

Going to try to get back to normal except my son is joining us tomorrow up from Oxford for a few days and he is expecting a sort of mini Christmas and is no low carber..

And then of course there's new year celebration as well and on Monday have some friends coming over so will be cooking for seven people and have sort of promised them a decent curry like what I used to make which can in no way be described as low carb or calorie.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.7 this morning.

Has been a pretty free and easy last few days as far as food has been concerned put on a kilo and had far to many carbs.

Going to try to get back to normal except my son is joining us tomorrow up from Oxford for a few days and he is expecting a sort of mini Christmas and is no low carber..

And then of course there's new year celebration as well and on Monday have some friends coming over so will be cooking for seven people and have sort of promised them a decent curry like what I used to make which can in no way be described as low carb or calorie.
Stay strong resist temptation lol

Reactions: Ryhia

Kjell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Inactivity
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
To know the relationships between pre- and postprandial blood glucose (BG), i.e. BG profile shape, is a requisite for an appropriate therapy for type 2 diabetic patients. .......

.........I personally use fbg as that base line and that helps me to compare subsequent tests during the day with what I started ou with in the morning.

And of course don't forget that very powerful force Idle Curiosity.

Thanks. Very interesting. Makes a lot of sense.