Type 2 Sharps box

Angied013

I was recently diagnosed T2, I don’t know what to do with my sharps after checking my blood sugar levels, where can I get a sharps box from

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your surgery won't supply them, amazon.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
what type of lancets are you using? I have an Accu-Chek Fastclix which the lancers are 6 in a drum, as each lancet retracts after use I just put them in a normal bin even though I have a sharps bin xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was recently diagnosed T2, I don’t know what to do with my sharps after checking my blood sugar levels, where can I get a sharps box from

Angie - Are your strips on prescription, or are you buying them yourself?

If they're on prescription, your surgery may provide one, if not, they may leave you to fend for yourself - in which case Amazon or eBay would be my go-to places, for simplicity, if you feel you need a bin.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Here in Herts its our local council that supply mine and they are collected and replaced by the waste contractor. May be worth you asking your council if you are in the UK.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here in Herts its our local council that supply mine and they are collected and replaced by the waste contractor. May be worth you asking your council if you are in the UK.
Hi. I'm also in Herts and my local surgery leaves them on an open prescription and also takes the full bin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My full sharps container get's collected by the council from my home and 1 or 2 new ones are left at the front door.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I use a needle clipper, nice and easy and just throw in the bin when full. No need for a sharps box!