Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Alexa, play sweet child of mine by Guns & roses." Says my wife...
"Adding nappies to your basket?" Was the calm measured answer from this monster... Oh what fun..! :banghead: the irony... o_O

What a passion killer. The 1977 SciFi film "Demon seed" comes to mind. "Alexa? Play romantic music." you're so vain by Carly Simon, was the response..

There's no way I'm letting this device control the house.... :nailbiting:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I think I've managed to drink all of the Christmas coffee. It must be time to break out a little, away from my usual strict control, let-my-hair-down and start on the leftover wine.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
At a well-known pier amusement arcade my family won jelly babies. Hope I don’t try to eat them.

Attachments

• 981E9F6B-A8EE-4103-A06E-46A751FDD06C.jpeg
    981E9F6B-A8EE-4103-A06E-46A751FDD06C.jpeg
    769 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We always asked for male ones when I was kid, never got any with dongles tho'.

Just like "Action man." But was still capable of holding a gun... ;) (Though a little awkward in doing so..)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon.

That was alot of rum and food, ended up sailing round and round only found out why because someone had fallen asleep on the wheel. Needless to say things now back and sort of ship shape.

Might have to ho raiding for some more food and drink.

Other than bloods been OK.

Sooooo,?

Having never cohabited with another diabetic myself... Though I have been in two separate bands with two different T1 bass players. A third band, if you wish to also count a T2 drummer.

Lol, do both you twins BGs sync like women's (rumoured.) menstrual cycles sharing a house..?

Let's get the party started with a mix of what we both like. Rock & piracy... (& yes we have covered this tune in one of the bands...)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Pirate Twins

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Tough day at the cafe - I tripped up the stairs with both hands full of food and the guests were 1.5 steps away. They witnessed their sandwiches flying. I landed on my knees and elbows. I walked away with a bruised knee. I absolutely hate stairs in any hospitality business. But diabetes was good to some degree, I can’t get my basal doses right so I suffered a few times. I came home tonight to several alarms without Fiasp on board. But if I reduce Tresiba anymore, I’ll be higher than 10 in the mornings and higher on my days off and on my periods.
I don’t think I can handle two jobs, I was picked on all night by my manager at the Thai restaurant because I made a few mistakes and slowing down quite quickly.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone lowest numbers this morning on this pump but i put that down to the vodka

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
how long does it take for these pumps to settle cos apart from this morning i have not been in range my basal levels are like for like what i was when on tresiba ive highered bolus as well i dont think this pumping is for me sick of the highs :banghead: