Type 1 I Need A 2nd Hand Blood Testing Kit

Wiseguy89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've recently switched rooms and can't find my blood testing kit. I've got a lot of spare strip and but I'm trying to locate a 2nd hand Accu-Chek blood testing monitor that I can buy that I can use with these test strips.

Any ideas of a machine I can use with the above strips? The amount of Accu-Chek machines is confusing.

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_194908_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20191227_194908_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 291

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've recently switched rooms and can't find my blood testing kit. I've got a lot of spare strip and but I'm trying to locate a 2nd hand Accu-Chek blood testing monitor that I can buy that I can use with these test strips.

Any ideas of a machine I can use with the above strips? The amount of Accu-Chek machines is confusing.

Wiseguy - As a T1, manufacturers would be falling over themselves to provide you with a free meter, because they make money from the prescribed strips.

In your shoes, I'd give Accu-Check a call and ask them to replace it? Alternatively, your clinic might be able to provide you with a new one?

A second hand meter can't be reset, to remove any historical readings in it. If you need readings for the DVLA, say, then I'd not want anyone else's readings on there.

If you have no meter whatsoever, then you need to do something pronto, as a T1, I'd have thought. Are you managing to test in the meantime?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Wiseguy89 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Give Roche a ring & tell them yer "T1." They'll sent you one for gratis..

I mentioned that I had swapped to my spare meter (Accuchek Mobile.) the other day to a DSN, after my trusty device had given up the ghost.. She gave me a new sealed boxed meter left by a "rep" from Roche..

It's always handy to have a spare meter. :)

Ceebee2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If all the test strips you have have the same (or earlier) date code on them they are past their use by date