Libre sensor tape?

JosieMcGreal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Suffer with OCD and anxiety since age 7
Hi. I've just been given the go ahead for Libre funding which I am super happy about. I've done a 2 week trial previously and now I have started my actual prescription. I'm just wondering what people use to keep it stuck down? I was really careful when I had my trial and it never came off but I'm worried in case in the future I do knock it off as I am very active and as I have children I am often used as a climbing frame ha ha! I have been really careful with it but I have heard about people using certain tapes to prevent them being knocked off? Do the sensors fall off often or are they quite hard wearing in terms of staying stuck on? Thanks :)

Reactions: jerrysimon

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like Hypafix. Comes on a 10m x 10 cm roll and stays on for at least a week and often the whole 2 weeks. It's about the same stuff as Tegaderm, which should work just as well.

JosieMcGreal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like Hypafix. Comes on a 10m x 10 cm roll and stays on for at least a week and often the whole 2 weeks. It's about the same stuff as Tegaderm, which should work just as well.

I'll have a look! Thanks

Reactions: Antje77

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had good success with RockTape when needed.

JosieMcGreal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have had good success with RockTape when needed.

I was looking at that last night. I think I've placed my sensor in an awkward part of my arm as it seems to be lifting up at the sides. I think it'll last the next week. I should maybe get some in case. Thanks

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have mine covered 24/7 with Opsite Flexifix with a bit of padding over the sensor. Change it half way through. Mainly because I’m in the pool regularly for an hours hard workout. Therefor it’s easier to jus5 keep it covered. Was in Tenerife a couple of weeks back. In and out of the pool, hot tub and shower. Still firmly in place and working brilliantly when I got home. It has also stopped me knocking them off. Tried the underside of my arm and didn’t like the feeling of it rubbing when I walked.

Cap'n M

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
EU27, CO2 Global Warming Scam, Theresa May, Comrade Boris Johnson.
I've just started my 4th sensor and so my experience is not vast. The previous 3 each lasted the full 14 days. I've found Supadrug Adhesive Dressings 5.3cm x 7cm work well, some lasting the full 14 days. I like the way the gauze patch prevents the dressing sticking to the sensor, which is very reassuring if the dressing has to be replaced. They do get wet through on showering but soon dry out.
I did try some blue Kineseology tape but this didn't stick brilliantly well, except to the sensor when it was time for its replacement!

Reactions: JosieMcGreal