Cold Feet

johnw26

I am T2 , on metformin and losartan, and almost back to pre diabetic condition after 4 years. I seem to be developing very cold feet this winter, My recent visit to my D/N showed no concerns on foot nerves. I am going to add B12 and a hot water bottle. but was not expecting this complication. Is it unusual?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My understanding is that this is a typical symptom of T2 diabetes and Prediabetes. Blood circulation through the feet becomes a problem, seemingly.

johnw26

Thanks for the quick response. I am 70 and a long term veggie and this is quite sudden. I did a quick look online an hour ago and managed to find my B12 supplements. Too early to come to a conclusion, but the B12 seems to be beneficial and maybe the answer. I did have my vitamin levels checked 4 years ago with no concerns.

johnw26

Thanks, good point. I have taken a multi vit and some general b and d, always a good plan for this time of year. Already much better overnight, and it is relatively mild.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the quick response. I am 70 and a long term veggie and this is quite sudden. I did a quick look online an hour ago and managed to find my B12 supplements. Too early to come to a conclusion, but the B12 seems to be beneficial and maybe the answer. I did have my vitamin levels checked 4 years ago with no concerns.

John - Could I suggest you ask your Doc or Nurse for a general blood panel, with vitamins, minerals and thyroid included?

Vitamins and minerals can be just as dynamic as, say, our HbA1cs. For example, when my thyroid was beginning to struggle, not only did I really feel the cold (all over, not just my feet or any other body part), but my natural, un-supplemented Vitamin D levels plummeted from 80 (pretty OK) to low 21 (clinically deficient) in just a few months. I now supplement that daily, and run at 108/110, when checked.

Your cold feet may be nothing to do with vitamins or thyroid, but it's worth a check, before taking supplements you may not need.

I hope you find the answer. Being cold isn't any fun.

johnw26

John - Could I suggest you ask your Doc or Nurse for a general blood panel, with vitamins, minerals and thyroid included?

Vitamins and minerals can be just as dynamic as, say, our HbA1cs. For example, when my thyroid was beginning to struggle, not only did I really feel the cold (all over, not just my feet or any other body part), but my natural, un-supplemented Vitamin D levels plummeted from 80 (pretty OK) to low 21 (clinically deficient) in just a few months. I now supplement that daily, and run at 108/110, when checked.

Your cold feet may be nothing to do with vitamins or thyroid, but it's worth a check, before taking supplements you may not need.

I hope you find the answer. Being cold isn't any fun.

mouseee

I noticed mine were getting colder and colder last year. I went from hating socks in bed to always wearing bed socks. Little did I know it was yet another symptom of t2 months before diagnosis.
Now blood sugar is under control most of the time, my feet have returned to normal and the bed socks have gone again.