can you get any help if you are diabetic and unemployed

mike300369

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is any help i can get with my diabetic needs , i was made unemployed, and managed to find some part time work , 12 hours a week on peanuts, but because i am working i exceed my weekly allowance on jsa, am actually worse of for working as i lose £20 a week to get to work , am in a situ where i give up the job, to get more on benefit, and i may find that by giving up the job i'll get no benefit ! Been to CAB , they wrote to the benefits office to explain the situ, and the benefits office "cant help" no one there who can advise me !

Help

hallii

You are right, if you "make yourself voluntariliy unemployed" you can't claim JSA.

If you are sacked you can, might be worth being sacked? There are ways.....

H

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I was always under the impression there was a 15 hour "permitted working" rule. Has that gone now?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Gappy said:
I was always under the impression there was a 15 hour "permitted working" rule. Has that gone now?

I think that has changed now to a finacal cap where most benefit additions cease.

stabatha

You can only claim working tax credits if you work at least 16 hours a week if u have dependent children and 30 hours if you do not :( so they aren't going to be much help in your case as you only work 12 hours a week, I really don't think there is much to help in your situation, its the same old story that you try to work and do the right thing but are penalised for it and end up financially worse off :(