HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Grredings everyone
My name is Hicham I have been diagnosed since about ten years ago and right now I am not sure what am I type 1 or type 2 I am very confused I used to control my blood sugar under the target about two years just by diet but I lost a lot of my muscles so my HBA1C was 13% when I discover my ill but only with diet I did successes to down it to 6.40% but now really I don't how it's today I am thinking about something I want to go to my doctor to describe me an insulin because I think that the only solution to be healthy again
Please if anyone who can give any idea please
Merry Christmas for all

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Grredings everyone
My name is Hicham I have been diagnosed since about ten years ago and right now I am not sure what am I type 1 or type 2 I am very confused I used to control my blood sugar under the target about two years just by diet but I lost a lot of my muscles so my HBA1C was 13% when I discover my ill but only with diet I did successes to down it to 6.40% but now really I don't how it's today I am thinking about something I want to go to my doctor to describe me an insulin because I think that the only solution to be healthy again
Merry Christmas for all

Hi @HICHAM_T2 , my friend.

There are other medical reasons regarding muscle loss.. (Not just diabetes.) You need to see a doctor on this issue.
There are other conditions that cause this other than being a diabetic.

Get an appointment with a good doctor.

Good luck my friend.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi @HICHAM_T2 , my friend.

There are other medical reasons regarding muscle loss.. (Not just diabetes.) You need to see a doctor on this issue.
There are other conditions that cause this other than being a diabetic.

Get an appointment with a good doctor.

Good luck my friend.
Hi my best friend how are you?
Thank you so much dude , but really I don't know what is my problem but I was weighing 83kg now I am a thin man that made dissatisfied anyway I will visit my doctor and I will see what she can do with that
Thanks again my friend

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Hicham

I came here looking for an answer to a completely different question but saw your post.

I would be grateful if you would let us know how you get on at the doctors.

I lost alot of muscle after starting a low carb diet, I lost alot of weight too but also most of my upper body muscle, this was whilst training at the gym several times a week and having a personal trainer.

Years later and it never returned.

Very interested in your results if you are willing to share?

Best of luck and seasons best.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi Hicham

I came here looking for an answer to a completely different question but saw your post.

I would be grateful if you would let us know how you get on at the doctors.

I lost alot of muscle after starting a low carb diet, I lost alot of weight too but also most of my upper body muscle, this was whilst training at the gym several times a week and having a personal trainer.

Years later and it never returned.

Very interested in your results if you are willing to share?

Best of luck and seasons best.
Thank you very much for share your information I promise I will do

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It may not be obvious what your true diagnosis is as being overweight which you were initially implies T2 but now having lost weight and with very high HBa1C of 13% that implies T1. The GP can do two tests that can help confirm T1 and one of those, the C-Peptide can show how much insulin you are producing. A T2 would normally be prescribed several different tablets to help control blood sugar and if those finally don't work then insulin should be prescribed. Can you let us know more about your diet and whether you are on any tablets.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It may not be obvious what your true diagnosis is as being overweight which you were initially implies T2 but now having lost weight and with very high HBa1C of 13% that implies T1. The GP can do two tests that can help confirm T1 and one of those, the C-Peptide can show how much insulin you are producing. A T2 would normally be prescribed several different tablets to help control blood sugar and if those finally don't work then insulin should be prescribed. Can you let us know more about your diet and whether you are on any tablets.
Grredings everyone
Merry Christmas for all

Hi @Daibell ,

From the highlighted in bold.
"I discover my ill." = diabetes diagnosis..
I'm reading that the initial A1c on diagnosis was "13%." Diatary changes have brought it down to what looks like 6.4?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good evening
Thank you for your ask and help
My diet was no bread no potato no pasta no white sugar I used to eat a lots of eggs sardine and some nuts and olive oil but now I eat everything with a little of exercise daily I am feeling tired now I have been one year ago not test my blood sugar never that way I think I am playing with my diabetic
Thanks

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi @Daibell ,

I'm reading that the initial A1c on diagnosis was "13%." Diatary changes have brought it down to what looks like 6.4?
Hi @Daibell ,

Hi
In my signature I put some information you can look at it please but these information are old

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @HICHAM_T2

can I confirm I understand your question.

You were diagnosed as type 2 with an hb1ac of 13%. You used diet to lower this to 6.4% but lost muscle by doing so.

You have had no recent tests and so do not know what your current levels are. You have returned to eating higher carb foods since the last test. You are now feeling tired again.

so I think you want to regain weight and feel less tired. Is that right?

I think you must get a new test to see just where you are now before you decide what to do about it.

It may be that stopping the low carb diet and eating higher carb food has raised your hb1ac and hence the tiredness is a symptom of this. If this is the case you already know low carb will lower your blood levels without the need for insulin. Insulin - if you already have a lot but are resistant - will only in the long term make things worse.

Did you add protein and fat last time you did low carb? This is typically how to avoid weight loss and even regain some whilst not effecting blood glucose levels.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Jaylee

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hello @HICHAM_T2

can I confirm I understand your question.

You were diagnosed as type 2 with an hb1ac of 13%. You used diet to lower this to 6.4% but lost muscle by doing so.

You have had no recent tests and so do not know what your current levels are. You have returned to eating higher carb foods since the last test. You are now feeling tired again.

so I think you want to regain weight and feel less tired. Is that right?

I think you must get a new test to see just where you are now before you decide what to do about it.

It may be that stopping the low carb diet and eating higher carb food has raised your hb1ac and hence the tiredness is a symptom of this. If this is the case you already know low carb will lower your blood levels without the need for insulin. Insulin - if you already have a lot but are resistant - will only in the long term make things worse.

Did you add protein and fat last time you did low carb? This is typically how to avoid weight loss and even regain some whilst not effecting blood glucose levels.
Good night
Yes I used to eat a lot of protein you know eggs have a lot of them
But it'swasn't easy to tracking my health down