Pork Insulin Needed

V1henry

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I have a true human & analog insulin allergy (not the preservatives). Would like to be able to try pork to see if it would work without the side affects. Do you know where I might purchase this? Have been on an insulin pump since 7/1984. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there @V1henry !
Welcome to this forum :)

If I may ask, where are you from? If you are from the UK, then you will be able to quite without problems, find an Insulin named Hypurin Porcine. It is manufactured by Wockhardt, and is promised to be available also in the future, whatever that means in reality...
The faster acting is probably the one needed, as you use a pump. That one is named Hypurin Porcine Neutral.
If you have more questions, just let us know!

Edited to correct a typo

Last edited:

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
So I have a true human & analog insulin allergy (not the preservatives). Would like to be able to try pork to see if it would work without the side affects. Do you know where I might purchase this? Have been on an insulin pump since 7/1984. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hypurin porcine is still readily made- it is only bovine that stopped. It is available as all insuoins with a prescription and is great- hypo warning signs, no weight gain etc.