Linagliptin

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on slow release metformin for a while now 1000 twice a day my bloods still ain't coming down doc has prescribed me linagliptin now too can you take metformin and linagliptin at the same time or is it better to take them seperate and any precautions I should be taking with it please if this doesnt work he is on about adding other drugs or insulin which I'm trying to avoid thanks in advance

statler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
salad
I take both together and not had a problem,

Reactions: Juju13

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Has anyone taken or is taking a combination of Metformin, Gliclizide and Llnagliptin please and if so have you had any side effects? :)

Waves

I have been on slow release metformin for a while now 1000 twice a day my bloods still ain't coming down doc has prescribed me linagliptin now too can you take metformin and linagliptin at the same time or is it better to take them seperate and any precautions I should be taking with it please if this doesnt work he is on about adding other drugs or insulin which I'm trying to avoid thanks in advance
I am on slow release Metformin 1000mg. My blood sugar has come down to about 9.0 in the morning to 7.0 in the evening. The nurse wanted to improve them further so asked me to take Linagliptin once a day along side the metformin. I took one in the morning with the metformin but my stomach has been really bad since so I had to stop taking them. I do have IBS so that could be a factor. I would try taking them at different times of the day and see what happens, just experiment. MY last fasting reading was 6.1 with just the metformin.