Test strips

Flamingo74

Has anyone experienced a change in readings when changing test strips? I’ve bought a different brand and my levels are really low - 3.5 - 4.6.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone experienced a change in readings when changing test strips? I’ve bought a different brand and my levels are really low - 3.5 - 4.6.
Which machine have you changed from and to? What is the diff in readings?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you change meter too? If not are you sure the test strips are compatible with your machine?

Flamingo74

IMG_0320.jpg
this is my machine and the strips I have switched too. I thought because they are code free they would be ok.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
this is my machine and the strips I have switched too. I thought because they are code free they would be ok.
Just because they're called CodeFree does not mean they will work with any meter, your machine will need the strips made for it, test strips made by other companies won't work (ie may just give random numbers)

Reactions: Flamingo74

Flamingo74

Just because they're called CodeFree does not mean they will work with any meter, your machine will need the strips made for it, test strips made by other companies won't work (ie may just give random numbers)

I’ve ordered my usuals now :)

Reactions: Oldvatr

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

Hi,
The SD CodeFree is a particular brand of Blood Glucose Meter. So those Test Strips are meant for that brand of BG meter - not yours !

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
In the past, I tried using different strips to my meter. Never again lol

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m such a numpty!!
No. You are not. In the old days I can remember that every time we had a new batch of strips we had to enter a code from the box into the meter to tell it what calibration adjustment was needed. Then they managed to encode it into the strips themselves, so new meters are 'code free' in that this step is not required. But yes, I use a meter called a Codefree, which is its brandname and not related to the strips.

Paulm80

I find it I buy strips for my contour off eBay they are very consistent , although when I buy from chemist (when I run out and forget to order as they are twice the price)
My reading on the ones from the chemist are lower, not massively - maybe it’s coincidence ?