Approved Online Research Study - Predictors of non-adherence to insulin therapy (UK).

Hello Everyone !!

I am currently in my 3rd year of Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience at Westminster University. My dissertation investigates predictors of non-adherence to insulin therapy in individuals with Type 1 Diabetes.

It’s a study aiming to distinguish factors contributing to <7.5% or >7.5% HbA1C results, to ultimately foresee and reduce long-term Hyperglycaemia. It’s completely anonymous, and you have the right to withdraw your participation at any point until submission/publication.

Ethics Approval Reference: ETH1920-0561

Inclusion criteria:

- Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Access to last HbA1C result
- Above the age of 18
- Residing in the UK

I would be incredibly grateful if you completed and perhaps forwarded this survey to any relevant individuals.

Survey (Takes around 10 minutes to complete):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZSNBZ9X

Thank youu!!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
- Residing in the UK
No problem, but may I ask why others are excluded? I've had a look at the survey and it doesn't seem living somewhere else, at least provided it has a similar health care system as the UK, would change the outcomes of your study.
I couldn't find this inclusion criterium in your study itself, nor a question on location.

Good luck!

No problem, but may I ask why others are excluded? I've had a look at the survey and it doesn't seem living somewhere else, at least provided it has a similar health care system as the UK, would change the outcomes of your study.
I couldn't find this inclusion criterium in your study itself, nor a question on location.

Good luck!

Thank you for your participation and feedback.

The main reason for limiting my sample to the UK is the general access to the NHS, and assumption that vital medication is not required to be paid for here. Attitudes towards and expectations of management may also differ slightly within different countries. These may influence thoughts and behaviours, and so I kept it to one general community.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your answer :)
About what I thought, hence my mentioning a similar health care system.

Reactions: JenniMohammadi