Best place to wear pump for a night out in a dress

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Suggestions please for the best place for my pump, I usually wear it on my waist band but wearing a little dress for a night out so need it to not stick out like a sore thumb but also be accessible for me to input my carbs for the drinks. I’m thinking bra area? It’s the Medtronic 640

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I’ve seen a few ladies wear it strapped around their thigh. Unfortunately that’s the only way that I can think of, unless you want to DIY pockets on your skirt, or clip it on your bra inside your top.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
IF and I repeat IF I was going to wear a dress (waits for the comments to come thru (and they will :hilarious::hilarious:)) I would put it in my bra (now I do NOT wear a bra EVER) BUT if I did then thats where I would put my pump. Wouldn't you have to lift your dress to give yourself a bolus????

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 - I would rather sit down at a table and subtly lift my dress for a bolus.
But now we know you would rather fumble around in your bra on Frock Days.

(Although some tubey pumps have remote controls that allow you to do a manual bolus.)

Didn't think of that now did I lol......thats because frock days don't come along that often :bag::bag: I mean at all

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IF and I repeat IF I was going to wear a dress (waits for the comments to come thru (and they will :hilarious::hilarious:)) I would put it in my bra (now I do NOT wear a bra EVER) BUT if I did then thats where I would put my pump. Wouldn't you have to lift your dress to give yourself a bolus????

Hmm, would you rather fondle with your chest or your thigh to give yourself a bolus? If it’s a split dress/skirt or a long dress with a thigh split, you can give yourself a cheeky bolus. A tight body con dress or pencil skirt might need some subtle movements to give a bolus.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Recently wore a slinky slip like dress which necessitated some shapewear. My pump was very much contained within the undergarment but I did have to go to the loo to bolus.
I could have drunken more and totally avoided carbs otherwise you can't really win! I don't think anyone should avoid clothing just for the sake of a little rectangular bump appearing.
If you really want to go pump less, I suppose you could skip to your emergency pen for a small number of hours..

Reactions: MargaretR

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I often wear dresses and clip mine on my bra in between my girls!! Depends on the size of your chest of course! :wacky: It's easy to get to for bolusing.

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks everyone I’m going to go with the bra area and access through the neck line I think, I’m not So bothered about hiding it just the access to it

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I have tried in my bra and also on my thigh but the best thing I bought was a pair of pants with a pocket in for the pump. it means that it doesn't rub or irritate and is completely discrete but I did have to turn alarms off as you cant grab it when they go off and also vibrating is a problem lol. lesson learnt at a wedding.
I cant find the ones I have- was just a shop selling diabetes stock. but here are men's ones
https://www.amazon.ae/ANNAPS-Diabetes-Hipster-Panties-Insulin/dp/B01N5276OR

found it- I have hid in
https://asweetlife.org/lacy-pancreas-5-panties-with-pockets-for-your-insulin-pump/

geekypants

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I mostly wear dresses and clip mine between my boobs in my bra. Works really well for me and any time I am in jeans, I really struggle with it in pockets! 640 here as well.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have tried in my bra and also on my thigh but the best thing I bought was a pair of pants with a pocket in for the pump. it means that it doesn't rub or irritate and is completely discrete but I did have to turn alarms off as you cant grab it when they go off and also vibrating is a problem lol. lesson learnt at a wedding.
I cant find the ones I have- was just a shop selling diabetes stock. but here are men's ones
https://www.amazon.ae/ANNAPS-Diabetes-Hipster-Panties-Insulin/dp/B01N5276OR

found it- I have hid in
https://asweetlife.org/lacy-pancreas-5-panties-with-pockets-for-your-insulin-pump/
Loved the Diabetes' men's hipster pants but made me think that whilst some of us want to hide a bulge perhaps the guys may like a little 'enhancement'!
Just ordered a pouch for now but in Summer may be looking for some secure but discrete options!

Banacheque

Suggestions please for the best place for my pump, I usually wear it on my waist band but wearing a little dress for a night out so need it to not stick out like a sore thumb but also be accessible for me to input my carbs for the drinks. I’m thinking bra area? It’s the Medtronic 640

I have an Aviva pump and just leave on the mattress which follows me round have done for the past18 years never had a problem

micksmixxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I would suggest, ma'am, that wearing you pump around your thigh would be the least noticeable option.

If you use a Contour NEXT LINK 2.4 blood glucose meter, you are able to deliver yourself a bolus using that. It saves having to 'mess about' with lifting/parting a dress or fumbling about inside your bra.

Motherbetic, on her website https://motherbetic.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/medtronic-640g-remote-bolus/ explains how to carry out this procedure.

By the way, I hope you have a fantastic night out.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick
x x x x
x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended, or alarmed, at the 'x's'. It's merely a logo, of sorts, that I've used for the last 40-odd years.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear my pump on my bra everyday. I’m a leggings type of girl though and the weight of the pump just pulls leggings down so wearing it on my bra is the best option. I don’t dig my hand down my top to get it out either I usually unclip it through my shirt and drop it down so it comes out the bottom of my shirt then just slide it back in when I’m done, no one seems to bat an eyelid and if push comes to shove just quickly go to a bathroom to sort it out.

SuzaneSmith

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I wear my pump on my bra everyday. I’m a leggings type of girl though and the weight of the pump just pulls leggings down so wearing it on my bra is the best option. I don’t dig my hand down my top to get it out either I usually unclip it through my shirt and drop it down so it comes out the bottom of my shirt then just slide it back in when I’m done, no one seems to bat an eyelid and if push comes to shove just quickly go to a bathroom to sort it out.
Was looking for this for long time. I clip around my shapewear bodysuit actually when I am in night out in dress. You can clip on tight leggings if you are wearing a loose size top. Thanks for tips.