Yoghurt

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. Had heard skyr was good but wasn’t sure if it was better than full fat Greek.
One of the lowest in carbs at 3g per 100g is Fage Total 5% fat Greek yoghurt. It is not the cheapest, but is regularly reduced in Sainsburys and Tesco and it is IMO delicious. I add a generous dsp Erythritol, but artificial sweeteners are not everyone's choice. Low fat products will always be higher in carbs than full-fat ones. It is like a see-saw. But, as several have already said, ALWAYS LOOK AT THE LABEL!!!

Reactions: P1ckle

philosophy47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Generally real greek yogurt is slightly lower carb than 'greek style', eg Waitrose Greek yogurt or Fage Total (5%), but there are a couple of good greek style that I've sampled recently (in case the imported stuff gets harder to find this year).
'Dorset Strained Yoghurt' is good but costs a but more,
Genuine Greek yogurt is also
Generally real greek yogurt is slightly lower carb than 'greek style', eg Waitrose Greek yogurt or Fage Total (5%), but there are a couple of good greek style that I've sampled recently (in case the imported stuff gets harder to find this year).
'Dorset Strained Yoghurt' is good but costs a but more,

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How do you get the real thing and is organic better? Does anyone else worry about their gut microbiome (bio active stuff???)

winelover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love full fat Greek yoghurt with cacao nibs and walnuts. Mmmmmmm.....i can taste it now.....

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I buy real greek yogurt from aldi, lidl also has it for a cheapish price. next is possibly tesco?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
I have been having Lidl Greek style yoghurt for a long time but I believe eating a lot of it causes constipation. And it seems to cause me to feel tired so I am beginning to think I am allergic to large quantities of some dairy.
D.