Ct scan/xrays

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've previously had both ct and xray with my libra so know that is ok but I have more tomo and now i have the pump I'm wondering do i have to disconnect for them? If yes should I leave pump outside room or is it ok in my handbag with me? Tia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Best ask the technician the best thing to do, so long as the pump is not in the area they are scanning, do see why it should be removed, but no expert.

Reactions: sjm1308

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I know for definite that an insulin pump cannot go through X-ray scanners etc. Because I heard it’ll mess up your pump, like giving you too much or too little insulin. So I guess you will have to disconnect it, have you contacted your team to ask?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @sjm1308 I asked my DSN and she said to take it off and ask the x-ray team if there was anywhere "safe" to store it. It went behind the screen with the nurses

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone. I did ask my dsn but she didnt know so told me to ask on the day. I wanted to be prepared beforehand though hence me asking here.

For the xray I had to disconnect and I left it outside the room with my friend. For the ct scan they said I could leave it on but just to be safe i disconnected again.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had an x ray plus ultrasound and pump stll worked afterwards but will be more careful in future...