What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear that Karen, first pump 4 years ago was a insight , had some problems with the teflon cannulas ie useless on the right side of my body, poor absorption, when I worked well i was using 20% less insulin compared to mdi, since changing to the ypsopump and the steel cannulas it's been brilliant, 25% less insulin than mdi and a in range of 95%, it's not tubeless and you can't bolus from the app . I turned down the omnipod due to the cannulas and maybe that's the problem for you, hope they can sought you out x
The 28th is a bit far away, obviously something is not working for you, they told me I would use at least 20% less insulin on a pump, can't you phone your DSN and get them to see you before then, if it was me I would go back on mdi until they see me , don't put yourself at risk x

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that Karen, first pump 4 years ago was a insight , had some problems with the teflon cannulas ie useless on the right side of my body, poor absorption, when I worked well i was using 20% less insulin compared to mdi, since changing to the ypsopump and the steel cannulas it's been brilliant, 25% less insulin than mdi and a in range of 95%, it's not tubeless and you can't bolus from the app . I turned down the omnipod due to the cannulas and maybe that's the problem for you, hope they can sought you out x
Thanks phil x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The 28th is a bit far away, obviously something is not working for you, they told me I would use at least 20% less insulin on a pump, can't you phone your DSN and get them to see you before then, if it was me I would go back on mdi until they see me , don't put yourself at risk x
I will call on monday x

Reactions: philchap1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.6 today things not working out at the moment was 10.3 after lunch yesterday thought ok one off but then was 10.4 after dinner.

_pixie_

Morning all, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this chat....fbg this morning was 5.7. Gotta say this was a bit of a relief because my 2 hour test after dinner was 13.5. It was my first day with a meter so I was shocked to see it that high :/

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this chat....fbg this morning was 5.7. Gotta say this was a bit of a relief because my 2 hour test after dinner was 13.5. It was my first day with a meter so I was shocked to see it that high :/

Hello @_pixie_ You are welcome here. No need to ask. That is a good fasting level. Especially after a high post dinner reading Keep on recording fasting levels here, if it helps. I find that even though at first I felt as though I was not doing so well, the support from the lovely folk here was encouraging.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found with the teflon cannulas only a few places worked well, I also find doing an extended bolus of 15 minutes before meals and eating after about 25 to 30 minutes works well x
Thanks phil ive got pod on my arm at the mo it seems to be working ok stomach not so good and i am gonna try the extended bolus and the eating after 25/30 mins and see if that works for me thanks again x