miao miao 2

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have received a miao miao 2 for Christmas which I am going to use with my libre and xdrip+, I did a test with it a couple of days after Christmas day and everything set up fine, however the miao miao ran out of charge after a couple of hours, yes I didnt charge it full before hand, so i decided because my libre sensor only had a few day left on it I full charged the miao miao with the intention of using it from fresh when I changed my libre sensor. I have not tried to set the miao miao up with my new sensor and it will not connect to the Bluetooth, it can be found by Bluetooth but will not connect. I have tried the option on the miao mioa site of resetting and charging, and have also tried to use the tomato app but get the same issue. I have contacted miao miao for assistance but just wanting to see if anyone else has had similar issues?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @malky39 I use the MM1 and only charge once every 2 weeks. I have noticed a few people on FB are having similiar issues to you with the poor battery life. When using Xdrip if you press on the hamburger (3 lines on the top left of the screen) and press Bluetooth scan, is Xdrip finding the MM2?

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watching with interest as mine arrived yesterday.
I've just charged it and wI'll start playing tomorrow when my new senor is up and running.
I don't have a receiving app. Is there any you can recommended and, if so, how much they cost? I have a Samsung S5

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got it all sorted. Was as simple as tuning flight mode on and off.
Lottie's I have started to use xdrip+ seems ok if a bit confusing as there are so many different setting etc that you can change and not sure which ones will be of use or even what they do. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any sort of instructions/manual for it. And very limited videos on you tube about it.
I did try another called tomato which I might change to as it looked a bit simpler with less going on.
If you go to the miao miao site it will direct you as to which apps work with it.
One thing I have noticed in the short time of use was that the readings on xdrip do not always match that if I scan my libre. For example xdrip said 17.7 libre said 14.4.

Reactions: porl69

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lottie's I have started to use xdrip+ seems ok if a bit confusing as there are so many different setting etc that you can change and not sure which ones will be of use or even what they do. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any sort of instructions/manual for it. And very limited videos on you tube about it.
I did try another called tomato which I might change to as it looked a bit simpler with less going on.
If you go to the miao miao site it will direct you as to which apps work with it.
One thing I have noticed in the short time of use was that the readings on xdrip do not always match that if I scan my libre. For example xdrip said 17.7 libre said 14.4.
Thanks, @malky39
I'm glad you found the issue. I think, possibly it may be the different algorithms used that make the differentials large from what I see written elsewhere.
I know a little about signal processing and how complicated it can be to remove noise and weird readings to produce accurate and repeatable readings. Perhaps over a period these will even out. Coincidentally, I found out just today a colleague did her masters thesis on an implantable BG sensor and her fellow student a wearable ring. I will be quizzing her over the next few weeks ;) although they were just student projects.
I'll check out the Miaomiao site for the compatible apps, later.
On another note, Abbott are replacing my first sensor as it went odd and then jumped 5-6 mmol/L above consistantly. Just activate the new sensor which reads abot 1-1.7 low like the first at the beginning.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't find xDrip+ in the Google play app store, only gimp.
Was it a different download?

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can't find xDrip+ in the Google play app store, only gimp.
Was it a different download?
you should find tomato on play store.
For xdrip+ it's not on play store you need to download the APK for the app and install it that way. Google miaomiao xdrip and it will take you to the page on the miao miao website which will then have a link to download it

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
you should find tomato on play store.
For xdrip+ it's not on play store you need to download the APK for the app and install it that way. Google miaomiao xdrip and it will take you to the page on the miao miao website which will then have a link to download it
You're a star, thank you.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@malky39
Up and running with xDrip+ now after a few challenges with my twilight app.
So many settings! And after fasting for two and a half days my BG is 7.4 :(
Better than the Libre app that was showing 5.3.
I'll let it run for a while...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am enjoying reading this.

Although I have nothing to contribute, since I’m an apple/Tomato/MM2 person. :D
Mind you, this has its own interesting challenges. Lol

I’m finding the CGM features wonderful, on top of the Libre features that I have been using for years.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if anyone knows if xDrip2 uses a time offset for calibration values or do I have to do that myself? I mean wait 10-15mins after taking blood reading to input?

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bah humbug!
Libre has been saying between 4.2 & 6.6 all day.
When I started the xDrip+ and got to the calibration screen it was 5.3 at around 12pm and my Tee2+ gave 7.4 X 2.
Now I recheck and, although the xDrip+ has been chugging along flatish, my Tee2+ decides to read 4.9/5.4/5.1.
I hope it's just my poor prick-testing :D. Recalibrated. Fingers were clean, dry and I didn't think they were contaminated.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@malky39
Found a weirdo in the data xdrip2 was giving too.
I broke my fast after 74 hrs with some zero carb brie cheese.
According to Libreview, this made my BG rise from 4.1via 3.8 to around 5.0 at 2 hrs with another trough and peak at 4.9 2hrs another 2hrs after that.
Xdrip2 shows a smooth rise to 7.9 in the first 2.5hrs with a weird flat of around 7.0 for another hours then a rise back to 8.0.
I added a Tee2+ calibration as that said 5.6. FL =4.1 and X=8.0.
I may extract the raw data myself as I think it is logged by xdrip and run it through some filters in excel to see what is happening.

No need to do the above. Raw data xdrip reports receiving is pretty accurately plotted.
The raw data rose from around 650 to 1100 and was plotted as very little rise by the Libre software but linearly by xdrip... Very odd.
I don't really want to interpret the hex code reported by xdrip as being sent by Libre to see if it has been converted correctly but may contact the Xdrip developer.
Edit: wonder if its a temperature correction offset Libre are applying?

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a thread online dissing the xdrip Libre interface.
'The Libre sensor has the added difficulty that it autocalibrates itself rendering the slope determined by xDrip outdated.'
In my case it was a massive step change in the raw data the xdrip was receiving no matter what the type of calibration/correction the Libre software was applying.
You can see this for yourself on the xdrip RHS 3 dot menu View Events Log.
It seems minimal smoothing is done by Xdrip and any extra calibration values being sent that LibreView uses are not being picked up by Xdrip.
I may have laid on my sensor and it got warm or pressured and LibreView compensated.

Reactions: Nuck

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.diabettech.com/freestylelibre/turning-freestyle-libre-into-cgm-early-observations/
Article from December 2018 confirming this hypothesis.
A more comprehensive study here (very techy-went way over my head)

https://www.diabettech.com/xdrip/li...using-a-third-party-transmitter-a-case-study/

Major conclusion is your sensor is poor, you'll get worse data from xdrip:
'Libre sensors that behave well on the Abbott software and reader generally perform well on the MiaoMiao/xDrip combination. Those that produce very low numbers compared to blood on the Abbott algorithm seem to perform less effectively, and this can include wild varying outputs which are substantially higher than the actual blood value.'

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@malky39
This is bit more of a "manual' for another transmitter/sensor but has useful info. If you go up a level page-wise, you get some other info regarding Libre 1 & 2.
https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EN/Configuration/xdrip.html

Last edited:

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@malky39
This is bit more of a "manual' for another transmitter/sensor but has useful info. If you go up a level page-wise, you get some other info regarding Libre 1 & 2.
https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EN/Configuration/xdrip.html
Thanks lotties I will have a look, You seem to be right on top of working out whats going on with the libre and mm2, I have had it on for three days, first time mind you, and at the moment I am struggling to see all the benefits will probably just take time and more investigation into it.
I think the variations will be down to how the libre works compare to a normal finger pricker. I have had some wildly different reading like 5-6mmol out and some that have been pretty much spot on

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks lotties I will have a look, You seem to be right on top of working out whats going on with the libre and mm2, I have had it on for three days, first time mind you, and at the moment I am struggling to see all the benefits will probably just take time and more investigation into it.
I think the variations will be down to how the libre works compare to a normal finger pricker. I have had some wildly different reading like 5-6mmol out and some that have been pretty much spot on
Yes, I had the same. Not sustainable as it messes all averages up so badly.
It's a real shame you can't 'correct' or calibrate the Libre software because that has the inside track to all calibrations that haven't been reverse-engineered yet. They may never be because the Libre2 sensor has changed the protocol and protected the comms, apparently.
I think what would probably be handiest would be to take Tomato (that is Abbotts software) and try to extract the filtered & calibrated data and then calibrate that to a blood measurement.
Personally, I don't need hypo or hyper alerts or insulin calculators (at the moment and hopefully never) so I am not really their target market.
Rather than worrying about hour to hour and day-to-day trends, I am going to use both the Libre trace and the xDrip along with confirmatory baseline from my blood meter to show relative trends for food testing.
Stress seemed to rack me up 2mmol/L but my almost zero carb meal is currently low-response. This is good if it continues meaning I don't have a load of glucose-making from my protein.
Two lights is that I got the PC running the Libre software and connected to my phone and the Libre continues to work on my phone alongside xDrip.