daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Great going, Bob. The results show it's worth the effort :)

zanc

About 3 weeks ago I went to see my doctor about trying the 600cal diet. After our discussion, during which I showed my determination, he was very enthusiastic and said he was willing to support me. We both understand that it may not work, but that for 8 weeks of fasting it was worth trying. The reason for his enthusiasm could be that he does 1-2 days research a week on diabetes, and believes that it is important to see how this diet, if it works, can be applied in a normal surgery environment.

I have tried to assess my weight loss and being approx 86Kg at the moment, slightly overweight, I worked out that I would lose around 14Kg (and I'll still be in the normal weight range for my height). He will carry out a full blood test at the start and at the end, together with glucose sensitivity tests once a week. I've also been asked to keep a daily log describing what and when I eat, and what I feel.

My main concern is that I may not be able to concentrate at work, so I have planned to take a few days off work early in the fast, when apparently you feel the worst. I wonder if I can take it off as sick leave?

I'll keep you informed of my progress.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Feeling bad

That never happened to me at all ,,,mind you I do take a lot of Morphine
so probably did not notice it 8)

Good luck with it ,,Drink and loads of water and keep us all tuned in

Just in case you have not spotted us the 600Kcals,,ers We are all down at the Weight Loss section

here
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Bob

I had an attack of diabetes and was diagnosed as insulin dependent for life, doctors don't gave me no hope of cure.
I did six hundred calories treatment two years ago and I've healed.
I'm completely healthy, my pancreas returned to produce insulin normally, my glucose levels are normal, now do not use any medication.