Libre sensors not working

Lowenna

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm type 1 since 1987, been on Libre for just over 2 years. I just wondered if anyone else finds that they get quite a lot of sensors that simply don't start working? I can tell as soon as I've put it in that it's not going to start as the plastic cover is not smooth. Last change I had 2 in a row that didn't start, luckily I had a third one!
Is it just me? My DN didn't have any idea.
Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It happens sometimes. Call Abbott, sometimes they will replace the sensor.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve had a few that work for a day then stop working , but as you said abbot are good to replace them.
I did have one which had a major problem ,one which I hope nobody else experiences .
I put a new sensor on as normal and thought hmm that doesn’t seem right and it wasn’t. The sensor was stuck on my arm but the needle which pushes the small capillary sensor Under the skin had not retracted and was in my arm under the sensor pad.
It did “nip “ a bit to be honest so I pulled the sensor off and was really surprised how big the needle was , took me back to the old glass and metal syringe days lol . I got in contact with Abbot they apologised and sent me a new one .
As I said hope no one else experience’s this or if they have they have my sympathy,

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi, I'm type 1 since 1987, been on Libre for just over 2 years. I just wondered if anyone else finds that they get quite a lot of sensors that simply don't start working? I can tell as soon as I've put it in that it's not going to start as the plastic cover is not smooth. Last change I had 2 in a row that didn't start, luckily I had a third one!
Is it just me? My DN didn't have any idea.
Thanks

Never had a problem with them not starting in nearly 2 years.
Are you starting them with your phone or with the scanner??

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can tell as soon as I've put it in that it's not going to start as the plastic cover is not smooth.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, are the sensors misshapen?

In about 3 years I've had a couple of sensor failures, but they have all started (apart from one that I took off before I even tried to start it - blood was going everywhere lol)