What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve not posted in quite a while I kinda stumbled off of the lchf bandwagon a few months ago and I’ve promised myself that I’m back to basics. My hba1c is consistent at 6.5 so I can’t have fallen that badly.

Welcome back! I've fallen off too, now trying to chase the wagon down and jump back on. Lots of helping hands here! :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve not posted in quite a while I kinda stumbled off of the lchf bandwagon a few months ago and I’ve promised myself that I’m back to basics. My hba1c is consistent at 6.5 so I can’t have fallen that badly.

Welcome back! Don’t worry that you fell off the wagon, you’re back now and that’s what matters.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_1492.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg this morning was 4.8 thats after being 4.2 at bedtime last night.

I had a while ago determined to relax my rather austere diet allowing my self up to 130 gms of carbs a day and upping my calories a bit as well the result of that was 2 kg put on and rising blood sugars so have gone back to previouse levels and am going to rethink my priorities.

Talking of painting and such was reminded that Judith's uncle did some painting and sketching during the second world war.

Many done from first hand experience of the Battle of Britain when ground crew in the RAF and from when he was a Japanese prisoner of war.

This is one of his.

View attachment 37682
John - sorry to ask a question that maybe you get all the time.... but what is "other" for your condition? :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I broke my promise to myself and have gone from A5 to A4 for my 4th painting of the year and slow spent 1 hour instead of 30 mins, my excuse being it's a sketch that might work for my Seascape Commission which has been requested A1 size. I think I will have to make the sky a little more moody and the refelction in the damp sand more prominent to please them, we shall see...

I have included the photo they sent, too dark for a watercolour IMO, need to get the finished one between the painting and photo.

Yes, I know I have also turned it around but the view down Barmouth Beach is much better towards Harlech. :)

View attachment 37629
WOW! JUST WOW!

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 37657

Morning.
Best of week 6.1 fbg this morning.
After one or two pretty high scores I've dropped all rice and noodles, chili sauces and things seem to have settled a bit..... Thank god, or it might have to have been the beer next...eek:***::***::***:

A wonderful week
The 3 ISLAND cable car to the waterpark was SPECTACULAR..
The 4 island snorkelling safari was fantastic.

And since been busy getting lost on the scooter, and finding beaches we didn't expect.. And many we actually intended to go to..lol

Never made Saigon.. But not sure we really missed out given how good the weeks have been here..XXX

Gratuitous Pics below for those curious.
Cane car arriving at waterpark
Pretty cat award goes to pineapple cat
Our lunchtime view of the beach today.
Lauren goes all Korean on me in pose by scooter
Lauren in a lotus moment
Cable car looking down as we cross to first island
Cable car view
Us .as dictated by madame

And top pic.. Lauren with two old favourites.

View attachment 37656
View attachment 37651
View attachment 37652
View attachment 37647 View attachment 37648 View attachment 37650
View attachment 37653
View attachment 37654 View attachment 37655
Abfab!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A busy day, cleaning two very dirty motor vehicles, VW campers always seem to be squeaky clean so could not leave my mud splattered van much longer as the VW community where beginning to look at me disapprovingly :joyful:. Then visited my Mil and my 98 year old Aunty who's birthday is today. So daily painting challenge inspired by @gennepher was rushed so a quick dashed off 20 minute watercolour A5 size of Chee Dale from a photograph I stumbled across on my iPad this morning which I took on a walk last year.

View attachment 37662

@dunelm and @DJC3 Red wine is also my friend. I like most reds, drink mainly French, because I buy it cheap on visits, but enjoy Italian the most especially Negroamaro grape varieties.

PS. Just catching up on posts, Coffee mentioned, love this also, always black, never instant, must be in a coffee cup and as black as hell.
Reminds me of Monet. Wonderful you can produce this. Astonished that it only took 20 minutes. @gennepher you too are producing fabulous paintings. I'm enjoying both styles.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.5 on the testing dice, welcome home @Goacher55 this place hasn't changed much but that's a good thing, @Cumberland love that pic somebody made a right (and left) boob of that job.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7
A much better number.
I must try and keep in the 6's but aim is lower...

Awake early, as usual. Done my daily painting challenge to myself.
I really enjoyed today's painting. It flowed so easily and effortlessly.
By the way, when I paint trees, be it in watercolour or acrylics, I paint them upside down. I turn the paper upside down before I paint them, and I am pulling the brush or palette knife, on the paper, towards me. And it creates a much better tree.
I actually like my painting today (I still don't like yesterday's painting I did). Today is A3 sized and in acrylics.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
Hugs for all those who have to return to work...
Hugs for all newcomers...
Hugs for anyone else who is in need of one for whatever reason...
Enjoy the day!!!
View attachment 37668
Hauntingly beautiful. So talented.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.2

My reading is up, I think, because I forgot to have my beef broth mid afternoon yesterday. Or it may be something else?

late in posting today (for me!)

Cat is very clingy at the mo. He is fine, eating well, still hunts (even though he is 27 years old) catching mice and eating them, but he seems to think I am his slave for his every whim. He even sits by the cat flap and looks at me silently with big wide eyes until I bend down and hold the cat flap open...Then to come back in he goes round the bungalow to see which room I am in, and sits outside beseeching me to open the window and let him him...then when he comes in he sits on my tablet or phone, whatever I am using...he has been known to use his paw pads to alter my message, or send an unfinished email...he even made a Skype video call on Sunday...which fortunately didn't get answered...

Up early as usual.
Done my daily painting challenge.
Acrylics. A3 sized.

I do like this one...very much. It might go on my bedroom wall. I do like painting in blues, and a limited palette. The whole thing was painted with the 3 different sized men's shaving brushes I have, and a thin rigger brush for the trunk and branches and moon. Stars were splattered on with a toothbrush. It was so relaxing to paint.

Back in bed with cat. I need a morning nap...

Have a good day.
Enjoy life.
Hugs if you need them.

View attachment 37679
Amazing

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1:18 am and my ears are ringing from listening to YouTube examples of equal temperament piano tuning vs whatever is not equal temperament. All because I innocently clicked on a title on the Open Library.
I love music, hate math, my father loved both but never studied music theory and I studied very little.
This is the sort of thing that happens after midnight when I have taken a nap in the early evening! :)

Reactions: dunelm and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to see you back Goacher.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Far too much protein yesterday I expect. Just having first coffee before driving back to London. A relay of daughters are looking after Dennis for us, wouldn’t be fair to inflict the journey unnecessarily on him.
@Debandez you’re up and atom early!
@Cumberland you’re back, And with a bang! Good to see your name on here again

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...slowly sipping my coffee & gritting my teeth as I try to tolerate the sharp little claws on my shins as Lola climbs up for her morning cuddle...OUCH!...busy day doing nothing apart from one appointment yesterday...must go & collect a prescription gathering dust at our surgery hopefully before the expected deluge...woke to a 6.2 its on its way down I have to be patient...a quick Charlie & Lola in one of their quieter moments they are so active its impossible to get a decent photo!
charlie & Lola Tube.JPG

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. A big glorious Blue Moon rose and shone on Manchester last night. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

No meat yesterday. Only about 40g of carbs all day inc, salad, vedg. FBG 7.3 mmo/lt, so if it ain't carbs or booze the BG must be from my +100 kg body somewhere internal. On the scales shortly.

Happy days to all.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 for me this morning.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and funnies about my doc experience. I knew y'all would understand. :)

You know, I finally lost 30 pounds thanks to low-carb. My blood pressure went from mild hypertension to downright low sometimes! My knees stopped hurting and I took up running again. My energy level is so much better. I guess blood sugar control is not the only thing I should focus on. There has been much good occurring in my life since I went low-carb. And honestly for most of the past two years I've been just moderate low carb. Since getting the CGM in November, I've tightened up further as I saw how very sensitive to carbs I really am. I'm enjoying my food and I don't feel deprived. So on this rainy morning I will count my blessings, stay the course, and be thankful for the internet and supportive forums like this!

Gutted to hear about your endo experience but not at all surprised. Heard similar for the 2 years since my diagnosis. These so called experts discourage testing. If they encouraged it perhaps we wouldnt have the diabetes epidemic we have. I think it was @PenguinMum who once said that not testing was like crossing the road blindfolded. You could do it and hope for the best but much better to see where you are going to avoid catastrophies. The experts know that uncontrolled bs can cause complications so why would they not encourage. And why would we be encouraged by those very same 'experts' to eat high carb low fat, both loaded with sugar. At the end if the day we have a sugar allergy.

I'm currently doing a daily blog on social media and one post was to let people know Alexa will tell you anything you need to know about food/drink. How many carbs in 30g of xxx nutritional value of xxxx and someone replied that she had tried it and Alexa had replied ',that's too many carbs' so I tweeted:

'IF ALEXA CAN TELL YOU ITS TOO MANY STARCHY CARBS HOW COME @NHSuk @DiabetesUK @PHE_uk CAN'T

All these donations to @DiabetesUK should be invested in Alexas on each desk. On offer at the moment . https://t.co/k48y0Kxk5Z'

Well done on all your results. Low carb suits you.

I use a CGM and have done for over 3 months. Self funded and costly at £48 every 14 days. I had tight control with bs monitor before but with the CGM I went from hba1c 39 to 36, hoping to go.lower still. I love the info it gives. Plus i give talks on my journey and am currently working with 5 local surgeries doing pt to pt support sessions (121 appointments). I can give demos for both ways of testing. With the CGM I can show graphs. And days where spikes have occured and explain why and the consequences of constant spikes (hba1c goes up as mysugr app confirms). How they can say testing isnt beneficial beats me. We are all different and its not one size fits all unfortunately. Testing is the only way you can really find out what suits you. That said I think just going low carb and reducing all forms of sugar is a winning formula on it's own. Worked for me re bs and weight loss. I've lost weight on various diets over the years but always put back on, and some! But maintaining so well. Even came back from a 10 day cruise weighing the same as the day I left! Made good choices. And took the stairs! Different relationship with food as a result of going low carb. Hardly ever feel hungry. No longer crave sweet stuff.

Sorry for waffling.