Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
7.2 today ☹️lamb chops for tea always spikes me a bit

Reactions: Diawara

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Having had a month off morning testing I have reviewed all the data from the previous few month and have come to the conclusion that I cant come to any conclusions ! I can see absolutely no patterns emerging in respect of what I eat or how much exercise I do and the effects on FBG. FBG just stays too high, mostly in the 6's and some in the 7's. I think my best bet is to forget FBG for 6 months, redouble on a strict LCHF diet, loose 4kg (currently knocking on 70kg) , test during the day to 'stay in range' and then see if this has an impact on my FBG down the line.
Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 for me this morning. I ate about 8pm last night - I usually eat about 6pm and I wonder if this is why my fasting blood glucose is lower today than yesterday?

Reemap

I
Having had a month off morning testing I have reviewed all the data from the previous few month and have come to the conclusion that I cant come to any conclusions ! I can see absolutely no patterns emerging in respect of what I eat or how much exercise I do and the effects on FBG. FBG just stays too high, mostly in the 6's and some in the 7's. I think my best bet is to forget FBG for 6 months, redouble on a strict LCHF diet, loose 4kg (currently knocking on 70kg) , test during the day to 'stay in range' and then see if this has an impact on my FBG down the line.
Does this sound like a reasonable plan?
looks like a good plan

Reactions: stuffedolive