Weekly weigh in - Fridays

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
80.2kg this morning, back to my pre xmas weight already so im happy with that :)

On words into the new year team!

Reactions: Lotties

aard

ok lets see if publicly posting motivates me a bit more:-
weight 98.7 kg
BMI: 33.6
Hb1A1c: Nov 2019 6.7

Goal 80 kg by November 2020, this is gonna be tough :(

Reactions: Ryhia

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
weight 98.7 kg

Nah! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Went to weigh my self this morning found the batteries were flat thought good God I can't have put that much weight on.

Reactions: Lindap118

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I’m a newly diagnosed Type 2 and would like to join this thread for support and info. I’m 95.5kg which is 4.5kg loss in the month since diagnosis - which included Xmas and NY.
I’m trying a low calorie low carb approach.
I’ve a big holiday in 4 weeks and want to be in best shape I can. Would love to reverse my diabetes.

Reactions: Lotties

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I’m a newly diagnosed Type 2 and would like to join this thread for support and info. I’m 95.5kg which is 4.5kg loss in the month since diagnosis - which included Xmas and NY.
I’ve a big holiday in 4 weeks and want to be in best shape I can. Would love to reverse my diabetes.
Wow, great start!

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
110.1kg last week
107.8 kg this morning after 3 day fast so a bit optimistic but downwards.
Nearly back to pre-Xmas levels. Being good and only weighing once a week brings back a pleasant element of anticipation.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well down to 74.7 Kg from 75 Kg so not much of a change but at least not gone up this week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Diabetes unit scales weigh me a little heavier so not posting til next Friday.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hello Friday Weighers and a Happy New Year to you all.
@Lotties A three day fast! That's amazing. Something I could not do so well done you for sticking to it.
@sno0opy back to pre-xmas weight already. Great effort.
@aard Welcome to the thread. Your goal seems possible to me. But then I have a different issue. Looking forward to getting to know you.
@Lindap118 Welcome. Great start to your journey towards better health. Low calorie and low carb don't you get hungry? How do you manage?
@Ryhia maintaining weight with no gain over Xmas. That's a win in my book.
@JohnEGreen . Small step in right direction at a time of year full of tempting food. It shows your self control is good.

This week weight is 47kg exactly. A microscopic increase.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
weight 98.7 kg

Well done @aard. Welcome to the thread. :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Lindap118, looks like you are doing great with the weight loss, is there a particular reason why you are trying low cal/low carb rather than one or the other?

EDITED TO ADD: I am asking the question as when I was first diagnosed I decided to go on an 800 cals a day diet and also cut out all sugar, breads, potatoes, pastries and starchy veg so effectively was eating low carb. However I was also exercising which was probably consuming 300 of those calories, after 8 weeks I had muscle loss and had lost all energy then my body went into distress. Doc said it was starvation mode. When I started adding fat to my diet, my health improved.

Last edited:

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Lindap118, looks like you are doing great with the weight loss, is there a particular reason why you are trying low cal/low carb rather than one or the other?
Hi Ryhia,
I am doing low calorie - trying 800 calories for a while as I believe this may help reverse my new diagnosis. I am also trying to spend my 800 calories on protein and fat foods as it goes a lot further than if I spend them on carbs. Also I keep reading about how t2 diabetics are sensitive to carbs so that sealed it..
I have just taken delivery of a month’s food box from Exante - the bars soups and shakes replacement plan. I’ve never done anything like this before and am going to give it a whirl - I’ll post how it goes.
Thank you for your interest - it helps

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Friday Weighers and a Happy New Year to you all.
@Lotties A three day fast! That's amazing. Something I could not do so well done you for sticking to it.
@sno0opy back to pre-xmas weight already. Great effort.
@aard Welcome to the thread. Your goal seems possible to me. But then I have a different issue. Looking forward to getting to know you.
@Lindap118 Welcome. Great start to your journey towards better health. Low calorie and low carb don't you get hungry? How do you manage?
@Ryhia maintaining weight with no gain over Xmas. That's a win in my book.
@JohnEGreen . Small step in right direction at a time of year full of tempting food. It shows your self control is good.

This week weight is 47kg exactly. A microscopic increase.

Hello Slim Lizzy
Yes the 800 calories is tough and I do get hungry. I can’t claim to have achieved 800 every Day - some days it’s been around 1000 calories. Porridge made with water before the gym, an apple sliced and spread with almond butter is a good filler and something veggie (curry or chilli). Lots of peppermint tea and some mushroom soup etc have been the staples.
Trying my best to lose weight before my big holiday and go some way towards getting off the Metformin.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ryhia,
I am doing low calorie - trying 800 calories for a while as I believe this may help reverse my new diagnosis. I am also trying to spend my 800 calories on protein and fat foods as it goes a lot further than if I spend them on carbs. Also I keep reading about how t2 diabetics are sensitive to carbs so that sealed it..
I have just taken delivery of a month’s food box from Exante - the bars soups and shakes replacement plan. I’ve never done anything like this before and am going to give it a whirl - I’ll post how it goes.
Thank you for your interest - it helps
If you are adding fat foods that's good as it will make you feel fuller longer. There are people on this forum who have completed the Newcastle Diet using shakes and have gained remission - just post a thread if you have any questions and I am sure they will respond. I did not use shakes etc, I made home made soups, salads and other light meals. I lost 10kg and managed to lower my bloods to just within pre diabetes levels (47) but if I am honest I was quite disappointed as I kept reading of others who had lowered their blood levels into the 30s after 3 months by eating low carb. Everyone is different though and as you can see from my signature I have managed to lower my blood levels to what are considered "normal" levels. Bloods have remained relatively stable although I have to eat a very low carb diet to achieve this.

Reactions: ickihun

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are adding fat foods that's good as it will make you feel fuller longer. There are people on this forum who have completed the Newcastle Diet using shakes and have gained remission - just post a thread if you have any questions and I am sure they will respond. I did not use shakes etc, I made home made soups, salads and other light meals. I lost 10kg and managed to lower my bloods to just within pre diabetes levels (47) but if I am honest I was quite disappointed as I kept reading of others who had lowered their blood levels into the 30s after 3 months by eating low carb. Everyone is different though and as you can see from my signature I have managed to lower my blood levels to what are considered "normal" levels. Bloods have remained relatively stable although I have to eat a very low carb diet to achieve this.
Thank you. Your numbers look very good to me - I’m going to try and emulate your progress.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
78.3kg this week, that's a 4lb loss (2lb a week average over the last 2 weeks).

Don't loose heart if you don't loose in a given week - look at the long game and stick at it :)

Another 1.3kg and i actual drop into the "healthy bmi range" which is something i never thought was possible with all my excuses about being a "large build". Now im getting close i can see that i can get there and a little further.

Feel very stiff this morning as i did a 10mile (16km) run yesterday, again in August if i ran 500m i was massively out of breath and sweating... what a few months of hard work with the right motivation will do for you is quite something.

aard

so first week of what was supposed to be low carb diet but ended up a lower carb diet.

weighed in 97.9 which is -.8kg, not bad considering all the biscuits I stuffed, next week we see what effect no biscuits has.

:angelic:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done @Lindap118. :) :) :) Low carb, low cal is my only way of losing weight with my once severe insulin resistance. It's a very tough regime and stomach reduction helped me hugely. I'm still not the final product but so much nearer than I've ever been.
You will succeed. For sure.