Recommendations for cream for feet

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My feet seem dry and hard any recommendations for what to use?
If you're in the US or have some who can get to Walgreens, Zim's Crack Creme, original liquid fomula. Not as good as it was but still brilliant.
EDIT - cheap in US less than $10 but extortionate on UK Amazon at £32

Last edited:

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i use Vaseline aloe vera body lotion on my feet and it works great for me, if your in the UK head to Savers as only £2 for a big bottle xx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse recommended flexitol 10% urea cream and it’s very good. £15 for 500g bottle of it

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, best if urea in it.
2F20CEC3-B1D2-4ECB-9BA1-270CBE6705C8.jpeg

I used this cream. It was very good but I cannot recall where I got it from. On the back it states that there is 10% urea in it.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
I was prescribed dermatonics once heel balm by my diabetic nurse - works a treat.

Mike_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used and still have a tube of the CCS foot cream but for me the best by a mile is Flexitol. I buy it in a tube,but I think it’s expensive. I would thoroughly recommend it if the skin on your heels is cracking due to hardening of the skin.

M

Member496333

Amazon sell CCS. It's good stuff but so potent it can make your feet feel a little rubbery for some time. I no longer need it but it's very effective. Now I just massage-in some coconut oil once a week.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@GeordieMark88 I have used both the flexitol and CCS and both have worked great for me. Both have urea as an active ingredient. They can be pricey but definitely worth it in the long run and once you get into a good routine and get on top of the issue you may not need to apply it as often.