What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How have you been this week? X
Seems to have settled a bit now phil but when i change pods they are leaving sore lumps i dont think pumping is for me i had better control on injections x how are you getting on with your new pump x

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Seems to have settled a bit now phil but when i change pods they are leaving sore lumps i dont think pumping is for me i had better control on injections x how are you getting on with your new pump x
Sorry to hear that Karen but as you say it's not for everyone, I'm managing to achieve 96% in the green zone, I know it's mostly down to the dexcom g6 which I think is a game changer, I would have no worries about going back on injections if the pump caused me problems as long as I had the g6, I find the ypsopump steel cannulas far superior to the insight teflon cannulas, reading reviews about pods a lot of people can't get on with them, ask your DSN if you could try the ypsopump with the steel cannulas, I think you'll find a big improvement x

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that Karen but as you say it's not for everyone, I'm managing to achieve 96% in the green zone, I know it's mostly down to the dexcom g6 which I think is a game changer, I would have no worries about going back on injections if the pump caused me problems as long as I had the g6, I find the ypsopump steel cannulas far superior to the insight teflon cannulas, reading reviews about pods a lot of people can't get on with them, ask your DSN if you could try the ypsopump with the steel cannulas, I think you'll find a big improvement x
I will do at my next appointment on the 28th i dont think your tied into the omnipod x