Libre supply issues !

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I'm lucky enough to get the libre on prescription.
It was sent to pharmacy as usual, more than 2 weeks ago and still no sign of delivery ! This is a complete nightmare for me. Usually they arrive in a few days. I've phoned around local pharmacies, and noone has any ! They all say theres a 3 week wait !
Just wondering If this is widespread or just my Corner of london ??

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

It doesn't just seem to be your corner of the world.

I self fund & further west, along the M4. The story over my way is a "2 week wait."
& even then they prioritise prescription orders..

Christmas fell awkward this year. (With the week days.) I wager there may have been a massive drop in production from the Libre elves...

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a widespread problem

There is NO problem with the production of the Libre, the warehouse that supply the prescription Libre's are having delay issues but folk getting replacements or buying from Abbott direct are having no problems as these sensors are supplied from a different warehouse

They hope it will all be back to normal in the next 2 weeks
xx

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have some on the shelf in my village pharmacy. Sorry!

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Went to my pharmacy this morning and was told there is at least a three week delay in orders due to the high levels of demand blamed on the NHS prescribing too many people ! I also rang around other pharmacies such as Tesco and Asda and was told the same thing. Back to fingerpricking next week if I don't get mine by Monday.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Went to my pharmacy this morning and was told there is at least a three week delay in orders due to the high levels of demand blamed on the NHS prescribing too many people ! I also rang around other pharmacies such as Tesco and Asda and was told the same thing. Back to fingerpricking next week if I don't get mine by Monday.
Lets hope that not all type 1s will be prescribed them then........wait a minute isn't that wait a minute, trhat's what is happening. :)
When you actually know how many Abbotts make a day it is staggering that there is ever a short fall

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Is this a call to us all to get the renewal prescription in early, or even worse to stockpile? The Libre’s made a real difference to day-to-day life so it’d be a shame if the shortfall continues. I’m looking on the bright side - maybe they’re busy playing catch up after the Christmas break.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On another thread they mentioned a distribution warehouse in Watford got flooded and probably caused the supply issue.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
On another thread they mentioned a distribution warehouse in Watford got flooded and probably caused the supply issue.
Ah, that explains it: climate change?

Reactions: Lotties