Another newbie. T1 with a1c of 145

Blackdot

Hi All, thought I would just say hi. recently discovered this site, was diagnosed in November as type 1 at the age of 45 with no previous family history.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear this. As a T2 I won't offer any advice, but plenty of T1s here will support you. Can you tell us what meds you are on.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - Welcome aboard! So how have things been since November? I too had no family history when I was diagnosed at 27.

Blackdot

Hi and thanks. I have other AI conditions so won’t bore you with all those meds. But in terms of diabetes just doing 3 units long acting each day. Sticking to a fairly low carb diet.
Numbers are looking ok so far

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and thanks. I have other AI conditions so won’t bore you with all those meds. But in terms of diabetes just doing 3 units long acting each day. Sticking to a fairly low carb diet.
Numbers are looking ok so far
Me to, I have a heck of a list. Takes me over an hour to sort out tablets for the week.

Blackdot

Hi Porl. It’s all going ok thanks. I’m very active, and quite possibly still in honeymoon period but It appears I’m in range roughly 95%