What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. @OldButBold crani omad seems to work for fbg (how is #transitgate?) my ketones seem to like bulletproof tea.

#transitgate seems to be good, I still have a daily routine although it has moved from around 0800 to near midday and has firmed up quite a bit. Lots of rumbling going on there though. I normally drink my coffee black but decided to add a teaspoon of double thick cream today to see if it encourages those pesky ketones.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning peeps

I’m midst transition once again.. my yearly MOT gave me a much needed boost tgat I’m doing most things right. So I’m back all inspired and ready to take on the world and find my cure for my diabetes !

So for the first time in forever my meds were reduced. My HBa1c is at my target yet again so My gliclazide has been reduced from 4 daily to 2 daily.

Baby steps and all that!

So I’m all back with my version of low carb. I try to stick to less than 50 g per day and a cheat day I’m allowed up to 100g.

Yesterday, I had no insulin at all no nova rapid during my eating hours and no abasaglar at bed time .
I approached the little black box this morning and I’m 6.6. And I’ve lost 1 lb.. I’m happy with my first week back at tge sugar ( carbs really) face!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
#transitgate seems to be good, I still have a daily routine although it has moved from around 0800 to near midday and has firmed up quite a bit. Lots of rumbling going on there though. I normally drink my coffee black but decided to add a teaspoon of double thick cream today to see if it encourages those pesky ketones.
Daily? I would settle for weekly and no Brillopad event:bigtears:

Last edited:

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Blimey, It’s 0900 and have only just (partially) caught up. @DJC3 - I hope that Dennis is out of the wars now.

The wonder wheel of let’s go out to eat and try and cut through the menu came in at a pleasing 5.3 this a.m. on a nice rising line that has now dropped down to 4.3 all within the space of 20 minutes. Just illustrates how a single jab producing blob of blood can annoy you one minute and delight the next. Let’s all do our fasting finger pricking every 10 minutes and go utterly mad (yes Doctor, something climbed into my bed last night and attacked my fingers - No Doctor, never felt a thing).

Restaurant last night after a film - decided upon a very small portion of whitebait and then the moules marinière - no bread, no Frites (or chips or fries or even jenga chips). Very tasty and producing a nice looking bell curve on the graph of doom that settled nicely after two hours. Thank’s go to all the organs and hormones that took part with a special mention to the islets of Langerhans for an outstanding performance.

Have a great day if you can, bin day so best shuffle off and get them lined up.

I love muscles !

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@SaskiaKC, I have tried many gadgets that make koffy over the years - all a big phaf and not all that satisfying (unless of course you have a big Italian Espresso machine in all it’s glory) - I use a cafetière (french press if you like) - always works. Secret is not to burn the beans with boiling water. Grinding your own beans means that you can change the flavour just by how much of a grind you give them although I just buy my koffy already ground because I am lazy. Not a fan of instant nor that bitter stuff that sits stewing in glass jugs on a heated plate.

Stick to tea

Reactions: SaskiaKC and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning peeps

I’m midst transition once again.. my yearly MOT gave me a much needed boost tgat I’m doing most things right. So I’m back all inspired and ready to take on the world and find my cure for my diabetes !

So for the first time in forever my meds were reduced. My HBa1c is at my target yet again so My gliclazide has been reduced from 4 daily to 2 daily.

Baby steps and all that!

So I’m all back with my version of low carb. I try to stick to less than 50 g per day and a cheat day I’m allowed up to 100g.

Yesterday, I had no insulin at all no nova rapid during my eating hours and no abasaglar at bed time .
I approached the little black box this morning and I’m 6.6. And I’ve lost 1 lb.. I’m happy with my first week back at tge sugar ( carbs really) face!
Little steps and all going along nicely.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daily? I would settle for weekly:bigtears:

I got really bunged up last year, things like Senna weren't working and my chemist suggested Milk of Magnesia. I looked into it and saw that a high dose once a day should work, and by golly it did. I had no cramping or pain associated with senna, it's just that when you do feel the need to go you'd better be very close to the bathroom.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.6 today

we took Mum for her blood check appt. yesterday then shopping and to lunch. Tried a new place where mr gee and I thought the food was not bad quality, but pricey. Mum said 'we're not going there again! :hilarious:

I had a piece of traybaked asparagus, mushroom and spinach frittata with a small side salad, which was the only thing on the menu I could approach on LCHF :sorry: and was apparently the vegetarian option for the day.

Mum's quite right, we're not going there again ;) :hilarious:

We're having a hopefully quiet day pottering at home today before we're out all day tomorrow. Bacon and veggie soup is on the hob for lunch already :D

Hope your day treats you well :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Daily? I would settle for weekly and no Brillopad event:bigtears:
Twice daily here, and easy as shelling peas. I'm sorry I know that doesn't help.

Stick to tea
Yuk!

I had given up the idea of a Muddy Bike Ride but now the sun's fetched its hat off so off I go, painting will just have to wait the mud calls.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
think it’s going to be a long morning until the vet phones, I’m just sitting here worrying.
Oh no DJC poor little Dennis but it's no ones fault...they are so quick & adventurous will try anything once...you got him to the vet quickly he is young & strong all those points are in his favour...I hope the vet calls soon...I will be waiting for news very best wishes for his recovery...your daughter mustn't blame herself it's impossible to predict these kind of incidents...fingers crossed.

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stick to tea
upload_2020-1-15_10-30-36.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Twice daily here, and easy as shelling peas. I'm sorry I know that doesn't help. .
No need to apologise. It can be filed with all the sure fire, never fails advice on how to achieve remission, enjoy your food etc I have read/watched/listened to over 4.5+ years. None of those helped either. Might try @OldButBold's idea of Milk of Magnesia though - I always wanted to be a mover and shaker:angelic:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...with no work since the last week of December got myself into a habit of going to bed very late...after 2am last night then up at 7am...went straight back to bed after releasing the 'monsters' from their room...up again at just after 9am...working Friday it will be good to get back in the swing of things finally...coffee done...woke to a 6.2

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...with no work since the last week of December got myself into a habit of going to bed very late...after 2am last night then up at 7am...went straight back to bed after releasing the 'monsters' from their room...up again at just after 9am...working Friday it will be good to get back in the swing of things finally...coffee done...woke to a 6.2
How are they getting on with Harry? Are they getting used to each other?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. 8.2 fbs today after another low carb and hungry day yesterday. :hungry:
Moving in the right direction but it's a struggle. :arghh: Bright and sunny so far today. Off to attend a meeting about mum after a home-made salad lunch then into town to take advantage of my birthday email offers before they run out of time.:happy: Hope your day goes well for you.:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
15-01-2020

FBG on waking 6.1 am assuming this is because of the very late dinner last night.
Once again it came down quite quickly 45 mins later
Shot up to 7.7 after breakfast but down again to 5.3 Two hours later.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are they getting on with Harry? Are they getting used to each other?
We've done a couple of introductions but poor Harry gets so excited...the last one the kittens stayed their side of the baby gate & hissed but didn't back off...I'm hopeful they will become friends when these two are bigger & can go out...I'm looking forward to that & dreading it at the same time...I fear they will be avid hunters...more short introductions planned but with caution...Harry is a lovely boy but is also very enthusiastic...Churchill tolerated him well they even shared the same basket & cushion but these two are young & lively.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a 6.9 on waking..so the abseil down Mt Dano into McGarret plains is called off once again.
pity, but it is what it is.

Just had the most delicious breakfast, (so might not have helped todays readings...:bag:)

took a slow walk into town yesterday, to the Irish butchers, some sausages, white pudding and ribs, as i felt a carnivore moment coming on after all the assorted slivers of meat on hols.:rolleyes:

Ribs delicious last night and the pudding and sausages brought back many memories as well as being darn tasty.

cheekily bought Lauren some nice bread yesterday, olive ciabatta with seeds
tried a slice with the ribs..no rise..but i did go bed not long after so may have missed it.

did same again this am so if i'm high i think the bread IS suspect, but i did eat a lot of food at breakfast as well, so i'll play that one by ear.

as small note.
pre hols i needed/wanted new trainers shoes for the beach..ended up with water sandals (?) excellent btw
but the shoes i really wanted hurt my feet real quick..lady serving asked if i had flat feet..(very knowledgeable)
well i did at school, so expect is do now.
that is the issues.she said..so now i'm back i looked into it, prompted by a post eslewhere on the forum, i looked at
gloves socks and shoes..yeah, i'd not heard of them either....anyway i looked into ways to check for flat feet and reading up..
and diabetes comes up as a possible cause of flat feet..(the cause or effected by).

so as i was unaware, i thought i'd share with my Muckers on here, in case it offered some help or pointers to look out for.

off for my yearly eye check.
fingers crossed it's all A-OK..:)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning. Dreading doctor's appointment this time next week, but que sera, sera.

@DJC3 I hope Dennis is doing much better by now.
Your Greg Hurwitz books sound interesting. I am currently on Book 3 of a 5-book fantasy series by Mercedes Lackey. This series is the Collegium Chronicles, for any of you who read Valdemar novels.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Blinking amazing!
I have gone back to eating my nuts when I wake up. I started again yesterday morning.
My blood sugars being stable is the most important thing to me.

My painting this morning, daily challenge to myself...
Not too keen on the yellow...I wanted it a wee bit more orangey. But I had spent an hour on it, even though this one looks relatively simple. And I have decided that I am going to try and stick to no longer than an hour on each painting. Because by the time you have got your brushes out, chosen the paints and squeezed them out, cleaned brushes etc at the end, tried to scrub paint off my hands...then that is an additional hour. I am not wearing rubber gloves like some artists do. I am a messy painter...I have paint on my jeans and on the rest of me...

View attachment 37835

Have a good day.
Hugs for everyone whether you want them or not!
Take care!

This is a beautiful scene. :) I especially like the reflection of the yellow on the water. I am always amazed at how people can paint a reflection. I've read a little bit about how it's done but am still amazed. Lovely. :)