What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm thank you for the info about tikka masala, and for the link. And for the info about grinding coffee beans to adjust the flavor. I enjoyed reading your posts about them both. Very interesting! :)
I was also interested in what you posted about the pasta.

@Krystyna23040 I'm glad your eye injection went well.
@jjraak I hope your appointment goes well too.
My new waterproof supportive hiking shoes are comfortable on my feet, but walking in them has brought bad pain to my calves, knees, thighs, hips, and lower spine.The vendor has a wonderful return policy so I am continuing to wear the shoes in hopes I will feel better walking in them, but it is is very discouraging to have such a pricey pair of shoes cause pain when my $8.99 Walmart shoes are so comfortable (but had two slits worn in them within a couple of years of wear).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm thank you for the info about tikka masala, and for the link. And for the info about grinding coffee beans to adjust the flavor. I enjoyed reading your posts about them both. Very interesting! :)

@SaskiaKC , glad you enjoyed reading them. As Mrs Miggins might tell you, I know a great deal about nothing in particular.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a 6.9 on waking..so the abseil down Mt Dano into McGarret plains is called off once again.
pity, but it is what it is.

Just had the most delicious breakfast, (so might not have helped todays readings...:bag:)

took a slow walk into town yesterday, to the Irish butchers, some sausages, white pudding and ribs, as i felt a carnivore moment coming on after all the assorted slivers of meat on hols.:rolleyes:

Ribs delicious last night and the pudding and sausages brought back many memories as well as being darn tasty.

cheekily bought Lauren some nice bread yesterday, olive ciabatta with seeds
tried a slice with the ribs..no rise..but i did go bed not long after so may have missed it.

did same again this am so if i'm high i think the bread IS suspect, but i did eat a lot of food at breakfast as well, so i'll play that one by ear.

as small note.
pre hols i needed/wanted new trainers shoes for the beach..ended up with water sandals (?) excellent btw
but the shoes i really wanted hurt my feet real quick..lady serving asked if i had flat feet..(very knowledgeable)
well i did at school, so expect is do now.
that is the issues.she said..so now i'm back i looked into it, prompted by a post eslewhere on the forum, i looked at
gloves socks and shoes..yeah, i'd not heard of them either....anyway i looked into checking and reading up..
and diabetes comes up as a possible cause of flat feet..(the cause or effected by).

so as i was unaware, i thought i'd share with my Muckers on here, in case it offered some help or pointers to look out for.

off for my yearly eye check.
fingers crossed it's all A-OK..:)
Thank s for the info, hope all goes/went well with the eye check.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Bike ride and still high BG when I only had a boiled egg for breakfast. 6.1 so no carbs for lunch and see what tea time brings.

I am painting today but yet another attempt at the seascape which is getting monotonous, so I'm not going to post any more oceans until I complete the final finished picture. I will do a doodle whilst painting and post that later.

The word that I must not say out loud 'Alexa' was flashing at me today, I asked it why to be told my printer ink from It's creator is on the way, I didn't know it can do that, all this connectivity, not sure I like it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Bike ride and still high BG when I only had a boiled egg for breakfast. 6.1 so no carbs for lunch and see what tea time brings.

I am painting today but yet another attempt at the seascape which is getting monotonous, so I'm not going to post any more oceans until I complete the final finished picture. I will do a doodle whilst painting and post that later.

The word that I must not say out loud 'Alexa' was flashing at me today, I asked it why to be told my printer ink from It's creator is on the way, I didn't know it can do that, all this connectivity, not sure I like it.
Alexa turn off notifications? The Illuminati hereabouts do say exercise can raise bg - resistance moreso than steady cardio. We, who can only tug our forelocks to them, can but admire such knowledge - so don't be surprised at bg after cycling or try to understand the mysteries of bg. Well above the pay grade of me and thee. :angelic:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@Krystyna23040 I'm glad your eye injection went well.
@jjraak I hope your appointment goes well too.
My new waterproof supportive hiking shoes are comfortable on my feet, but walking in them has brought bad pain to my calves, knees, thighs, hips, and lower spine.The vendor has a wonderful return policy so I am continuing to wear the shoes in hopes I will feel better walking in them, but it is is very discouraging to have such a pricey pair of shoes cause pain when my $8.99 Walmart shoes are so comfortable (but had two slits worn in them within a couple of years of wear).
That is disappointing for you but I am glad there is a good return policy. Its a case of how longyou persist with them and I dont know the answer. I think footwear that works in all respects is the Holy Grail for many. Good luck and take care.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is disappointing for you but I am glad there is a good return policy. Its a case of how longyou persist with them and I dont know the answer. I think footwear that works in all respects is the Holy Grail for many. Good luck and take care.

Thank you. :)
s0118.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stick to tea

I miss tea. I used to love it when I could drink it with milk and sugar. I have tried it black, and with just milk, and I just haven't been able to develop a taste for it. There was something about the chemistry of tea, milk, and sugar that made a wonderful drink, like no other.
t1990.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I miss tea. I used to love it when I could drink it with milk and sugar. I have tried it black, and with just milk, and I just haven't been able to develop a taste for it. There was something about the chemistry of tea, milk, and sugar that made a wonderful drink, like no other.
t1990.gif

i still have tea, whole milk, and admittedly with sweetener..doesn't seem to cause me an issue

Reactions: Debandez

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oops reading thread, not paying attention eaten all the raw carrots prepped for dinner.

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dennis is finally home and full of beans! No obvious I’ll effects apart from black poo from the charcoal they gave him to eat. It’s been such a long day waiting and waiting.
Many thanks for your lovely encouraging messages. Don’t think I’ve yet mentioned @gennepher @PenguinMum @Debandez @Muddy Cyclist @dunelm @ianpspurs @HarryBeau
I think we’ll all sleep well tonight and that door catch is now top of the ‘to do’ list of things to fix. He’s curled up asleep on daughter’s lap at the moment, so he obviously isn’t bearing a grudge.

Edit typo

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started bigger picture, as promised I did a quick doodle when waiting for paint to dry. So here it is I thought I would join @gennepher and go messy with Acrylic, used old credit card and big brush, canvas size somewhere between A4 and A5 took about 45 minutes to paint 20 minutes to clean up, messy stuff. Oh! Sorry it's a sea pic again but I'm in an Oceanic mood. :joyful:

IMG_2468.JPG

Reactions: dogslife

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dennis is finally home and full of beans! No obvious I’ll effects apart from black poo from the charcoal they gave him to eat. It’s been such a long day waiting and waiting.
Many thanks for your lovely encouraging messages. Don’t think I’ve yet mentioned @gennepher @PenguinMum @Debandez @Muddy Cyclist @dunelm @ianpspurs @HarryBeau
I think we’ll all sleep well tonight and that door catch is now top of the ‘to do’ list of things to fix. He’s curled up asleep on daughter’s lap at the moment, so he obviously isn’t bearing a grudge.

Edit typo
That is really good news about Dennis. (I liked the idea of a lust for fixing:angelic:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He’s curled up asleep on daughter’s lap at the moment, so he obviously isn’t bearing a grudge.
Well thank goodness for that...what a little (adorable) monkey he is...honestly you have to have eyes in the back of your head...so all's well Dennis is home...bear a grudge he won't even remember it by the morning...I am so relieved for you your daughter your family & of course Dennis hooray!