What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You really are the Bestest of Cat Mummies..:D
Or a sucker for a sob story...poor little mites abandoned in Central London without their mother... yeah right....I really suspect they may be Gremlins.

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

my daily painting challenge to myself...

53C526CE-BC52-472A-9FD8-E66C7EC49918.jpeg

Took about an hour.
A4. Acrylics.
Hand hurts badly. This is one of the reasons I stopped drawing and painting last few years...the arthritis in my hands also. Thumb is seized up and painful.
But painting always has been my thing.
I couldn't do this without those shaving brushes, they make painting easier, and have chunky bit to hold.
I have ordered some more from China, so I am not cleaning them each time I change the colour of paint.
Even just squishing them on a piece of kitchen towel ((to clean previous colour off) wrecks/pains my hand. So plan is half a dozen more of these shaving brushes and just drop them in a bucket of water (when I need a new colour) to clean later. I also need a shaving brush dedicated to white and one to yellow paint.
Maybe I should have ordered more, they are less than £1 each.
But I do need to see how they paint with first.
But I am not giving up this daily painting challenge just because my hand is painful seizing back up.

Have a good day.
My bins were put out last night!!!!
I need a nap. Been awake since 3:50am.
But first an important email I have to write...(actually I dictate all this, because of my hands, but the software does rearrange what I dictate into a completely different story...)
Be good or not!
Live your life and do what you want to each day!
Hugs freely available to all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im no longer on the pump penguinmum due to cannula issues ive been back on injections since monday dsn said it doesnt work for everyone but alls good x

aw..sorry to hear that @karen8967

i think @johnpol had issues too.

does seem like a marvellous system..maybe the next version or update it might be better for you?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

@DJC3 so glad Dennis is back home ok :joyful: the 'mad half hour' followed by the total zonk nap seems reassuringly normal

yuck, not a great nights sleep at all with me developing a, hopefully, minor lurgie, too warm, chuck the bedlclothes off, too cold, huddle down in a ball, rinse and repeat :hilarious:

never mind, it's not raining at the moment and it's 6'C outside so we don't have to scrape the car before we go off to the 'big shed' for the day and coffee is brewing in the kitchen ;)

hope your day treats you well :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, the meter of doom after a small skirmish, threw at me a 7.1. I gratefully accepted it as me and Doomy haven't seen eye to navel lately so I will skulk away. Eye surgery scheduled tomorrow, definitely not looking forward to it due to the fact that's it meant to take upto an hour. But I rapidly found out that I don't like my eye's interfered with after I had all of the laser treatment to save my sight, so knockey knees time!!

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from the land where being above sea level (just) qualifies as a hill https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippea_Hill_railway_station. Driven past that many times. So, fbg of 5.3 - No, me neither Shania. 800 mls bulletproof tea ingested and all good. Definitely like bulletproof tea better than bp coffee - tried both yesterday for B and L- and the MCT Kerrygold version way better than the attempts with coconut ordinaire and President butter. Ketones seem to be upped >1.5 again yesterday so maybe keto flu after leaving the reservation a few times at Christmas. Have a great day I'm going to try to apply Matthew 22.1-14 to this WOE - not just about wearing the right kit apparently. (Best keep all my Fat Face and Superdry beanies and scarves, Nike running tops, Canterbury thermoreg tops etc though - just in case I misunderstood it:angelic:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 today, not great but it is what it is.
Off to the hairdressers this morning and some light shopping after and try to get back before the rain comes in. Tidying out cupboards and wardrobes plan for January progressing slowly. @karen8967 sorry about the pump at least you tried, must do whats best for you. @HarryBeau those gorgeous minxes are growing so fast and that is a fine bushy tail. Hope they calm down for Harry. @DJC3 hope you all had a peaceful night and Dennis is happy and well, @johnpol sending hugs to you. I hope you find some calm today but completely get you not liking eye treatment. PG it will go well with good results and lots of anaesthetic.
Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
o knockey knees time!!
You're doing incredibly well john with the impending eye treatment...a 7.1 with added stress is not bad at all...very best wishes the procedure goes swiftly & well tomorrow...give us an update when you can...regards to Sid & Trixie I'm sure they'll be ready with 'hugs' when you get home.

Reactions: johnpol and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, 5.5 today, that's more acceptable than last few days, yet today I have a headache and feel extremely stressed over nothing as is my want, Wednesdays Child Syndrome, so by all accounts it should be higher.

@gennepher I gave a winner for your painting today loved the colours, but hugs for the pain in your hands, how frustrating for you.

@johnpol feel for you, some difficult days.

@jjraak what an exhausting account of your landing, phew! But well piloted and a good result for mission control.

Off to visit MILs bungalow today to check all is well. Then back into music, band rehearsals first of the year then Recorder quartet tonight.

Whatever the day throws at you deal with it well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, wartime propaganda time
Maybe but an entrepreneur didn't last long selling night vision kits in the Cambs village of Lesser Watership Down.:angelic: Also can't be coincidence that inhabitants of Chatteris and surrounding villages are able to work at night - they can see the moon. How much further do you want them to see?
https://alanbartlettandsons.co.uk/

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Found non-consumed 500mg Metformin on my kitchen table.

So did my FBG test at 0600 with a little apprehension. No problemo. 5.8 mm0/lt.

Full English with small amount of baked beans awaits. Off to Wales bu car, so don't want to be hungry at the motorway services as they don't have diabetic food. Have a great day.
Ah! That diabetic food needs to seek help

Reactions: Goacher55

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning 4.6 this morning. Time for excel to check my weekly two weekly monthly and moving averages. Once a geek !

My recent run of good results Has me in a football or ice hockey frame of mind...we are bound to lose soon... there again I am a forest fan and a sheffield Steelers fan so it might just be my teams ...

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all, the meter of doom after a small skirmish, threw at me a 7.1. I gratefully accepted it as me and Doomy haven't seen eye to navel lately so I will skulk away. Eye surgery scheduled tomorrow, definitely not looking forward to it due to the fact that's it meant to take upto an hour. But I rapidly found out that I don't like my eye's interfered with after I had all of the laser treatment to save my sight, so knockey knees time!!

Take care everyone.

Fingers crossed for the surgery

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning 4.6 this morning. Time for excel to check my weekly two weekly monthly and moving averages. Once a geek !

My recent run of good results Has me in a football or ice hockey frame of mind...we are bound to lose soon... there again I am a forest fan and a sheffield Steelers fan so it might just be my teams ...
Excellent stuff young lady - we're still awaiting Visicalc out here. Goes on sale next May:angelic:

Last edited: