Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry, Karen. Ive heard some have been able to argue for another pump. I asked my DSN about it, she said that I would need to put forward a very strong case to pick another pump choice. It’s a bit awkward because your omnipod can’t go to another person and you still have that funding. I’m happy you’re less stressed, I hope your next consultant appointment goes well.
thanks mei x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear @karen89 , maybe after a few months you might feel like giving at another go. I can't imagine there'd be too much to stop you doing that?

As I'm sure there was a reason you were put forward for the pump, I hope you don't feel between a rock and hard place.
i did ask about a tubed pump with steel cannulas but dsn said i cant have another pump for four years i feel fine now thanks and bgs settling down x i have still got the omnipod as nurse told me to keep hold of it for now but obviously i wont be using it ,just seems such a waste x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Here our insurance companies only allow you a new/different pump every 4-5 years. They are expensive and Omnipod is one of the more expensive if not the most expensive insulin pump. There is always an appeal process of need for a pump and this one a person has issues with, but it's probably not an easy argument. We do have the option with an Omnipod here of a free trail period from 30 days when you receive it if you don't like it you can return it. I don't know how long you have had it or if you have that option? Obviously then they can refurb them for someone else, especially since the control isn't actually involved with holding insulin or in contact with the body and blood etc.

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooooh I just remembered 49 years ago today(according to the GP's diabetic nurse!) I was diagnosed type 1 diabetic. Still here SO going to say WINNER

Ave a good D day!

According to the records in my GP surgery on a recent visit, I was diagnosed in 1995..? Lol, I transferred to this surgery a few years ago..the records may have been computerised in 95? But I remember the thirst in the summer of 76..

In other news. Took a shower & fitted a sensor.. Felt low in the shower, but persevered.
Finger prick said 2.4 so I took the "initiative" see how far I get with the Libre. Bang on target with the sensor placement! I can still handle myself in a hypo..
Invested in & slapped a spangly new Maiomaio over the top & set it up... An hour later after treating while I mess with the new tech. (15gs .) The meter now says 7.2.

Glimp via the MM is all over the place... But the Libre is settling in.
Using the armband that came with the MM kit to hold it there, then shifting it out the way, I scanned with the Librelink app. Strangely. The Librelink is agreeing with my meter..

Hmmm. A thought just occurred to me that I may have broken the link from the MM to the app from the Libre?
Nope.. My device is still throwing a hissy fit.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So have yall ever ate 150-200g carbs in one sitting? Well I just did, oops. But it was a delicious amount of carbs which contained italian almond cookies and crackers. I really fancied carbs tonight

Reactions: porl69

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Very early morning all,
I'm in Leeds but going home later after having done a couple of teacher assessments. Lovely to have stayed in a warm hotel, the igloo heating issue is still not fixed, roll on the 27th for the destruction and reconstruction to commence.
BG is always erratic when I'm away but don't like it to go too low when I'm travelling despite the fact I always carry glucotabs. I rarely know where I'll be able to find food or what sort. Heyho.
Roll on the weekend

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here our insurance companies only allow you a new/different pump every 4-5 years. They are expensive and Omnipod is one of the more expensive if not the most expensive insulin pump. There is always an appeal process of need for a pump and this one a person has issues with, but it's probably not an easy argument. We do have the option with an Omnipod here of a free trail period from 30 days when you receive it if you don't like it you can return it. I don't know how long you have had it or if you have that option? Obviously then they can refurb them for someone else, especially since the control isn't actually involved with holding insulin or in contact with the body and blood etc.
Ive been on it since 11th december marie so just over the 30 days x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 I'd argue the fact your need for a pump hasn't gone away, and it's not your fault you do not suit the omnipod, they must have a 'spare' tubey pump for you to at least try - what a waste if you can't change pumps!

BGs have been ok ish - over indulged in a pasta dish last night and paid the price and now struggling to get myself back on track........:rolleyes:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So have yall ever ate 150-200g carbs in one sitting? Well I just did, oops. But it was a delicious amount of carbs which contained italian almond cookies and crackers. I really fancied carbs tonight

Takeaway pizza, lager and a dessert. One sitting to eat, 6-7 injections to handle it over the night as the fat and carbs absorbed. Nice to have but I have to be in the mood for the maths and timing too. :hungry:

Reactions: Diakat

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Am off to a pump review meeting next week as the warranty is up on my pump and to get my next one they want me to sign a contract, show them some magic tricks and away I go again lol !!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Aw thanks marie ive tried to get in touch with dn today and no-one got back to me was rather upset ,receptionist just said nurses were busy with clinics but a phone call takes minutes just felt totally let down ive had more support off all yous on here sorry for moaning xx

X

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @karen8967 I have not been on for a while and just catching up on the posts and there are a lot. Sorry to hear the pump did not work out for you

Is your hospital/clinic only tied to using 1 type of pump. My hospital clinic is tied to using the Medtronic pumps and luckily that has worked for me. I was getting silly readings for months, but lots o trial and error got there well sort of. In fact I am now taking about 30% less Basal than I was taking before. The pump is so much more flexible.

Hopefully a Medtronic pump or similar may be available for you to try.

Hope it all works out for you xx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Today’s job interview went well and diabetes is being good despite Dexcom giving funky readings. I got my big girl pants out for tomorrow and unfortunately I wasn’t able to get Fiasp vial as expected. I’ll roll with novorapid for now.