What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, I have finished my seascape and don't like it, yes @ianpspurs I am a true Wednesdays Child. So will go back to the drawing board after a break, fed up of the sea. Off to band rehearsal now hope my musical creativity is in better mood than the painting. For what it's worth here is the failure but as it's been done over a couple of days and is huge I thought I had better be true to my daily painting promise and also do a quick watercolour sketch, here they be...

A. The days painting..
View attachment 37855
B. The unliked seascape.
View attachment 37856

Edit.. forgot to say @dunelm and @ianpspurs Yellow is a song in our bands song list, we do an acoustic version with guitar, Mandolin, melodeon, tenor recorder and vocal, great song.

I like the first one very much @Muddy Cyclist ...the day’s painting.

As you say, a few days away from the painting you say you don’t like, and then you will see what you want to do with it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher , another liking the pic...but sympathies for the hands.
also liking the indomitable spirit..you always show.(did some one say cantankerous :bag:)

bet you .could give a few of the young uns a lesson and a run for their money, i bet
in dealing with 'REAL' life issues..:D

Thank you @jjraak :)

Yup cantankerous old wotsit here...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't worn high heels in nearly 40 years! :) I was very fortunate back in the early '80s to date a man who wasn't much taller than me. In heels I felt taller than him (even though I really wasn't) so I started wearing flats. I have never gone back to heels. :)

I have just about decided to keep these new shoes. After all, I bought them mostly for wet winter walking and I don't have to do a lot of that, thank goodness. Today they did not cause as much pain as the first couple of times I wore them, just a little in my lower back. And they are better for walking than my wellies were.
Once I move -- if and when -- I will be able to check out the lie of the land there and see if I will need any wellies; if I do, I will buy some locally or just order a pair online, as I do all my other clothes these days.
It seems like no one wears green wellies anymore anyway, which is a shame, because I loved mine.
Bit late to reply but its good if the walking shoes are getting easier to wear. I have had many fails over my life with high heels but had a real success 9 years ago unexpectedly when I wore some to my brothers wedding. They were very good quality, bought on a sale and were amazingly comfy all day which really surprised me. Wellies these days dont work for me, too rubbing. I would strongly advise if footwear is uncomfortable its probably not worth it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit late to reply but its good if the walking shoes are getting easier to wear. I have had many fails over my life with high heels but had a real success 9 years ago unexpectedly when I wore some to my brothers wedding. They were very good quality, bought on a sale and were amazingly comfy all day which really surprised me. Wellies these days dont work for me, too rubbing. I would strongly advise if footwear is uncomfortable its probably not worth it.

:) You just reminded me that one of the last time I wore heels was to my sister's wedding (nearly 40 years ago! good grief!). They were a very elegant (for me) pair that I bought to go with a new dress I loved. Highest heels I ever owned, beautiful but !!!!!.
The wedding was in a "destination" house, not a church, so I had to stand the whole time, ceremony as well as reception. I enjoyed it all, but !!!!!.
I would rather stand around for hours at a horse show in wellies, in the mud! (And it was thanks to that marriage, and subsequent grandchildren, that I got to attend so many horse shows, in wellies, in later years!)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) You just reminded me that one of the last time I wore heels was to my sister's wedding (nearly 40 years ago! good grief!). They were a very elegant (for me) pair that I bought to go with a new dress I loved. Highest heels I ever owned, beautiful but !!!!!.
The wedding was in a "destination" house, not a church, so I had to stand the whole time, ceremony as well as reception. I enjoyed it all, but !!!!!.
I would rather stand around for hours at a horse show in wellies, in the mud! (And it was thanks to that marriage, and subsequent grandchildren, that I got to attend so many horse shows, in wellies, in later years!)
Ha ha I think that was what I would call a result! I have never been comfy in wellies.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She is PM & I cant wait for their 'lazy days' ...the bathroom 7 their room is clear I'm not it's gone down my jumper into places it shouldn't have...as I came down the stairs they were at the bottom both looking at me with those big eyes...I couldn't be cross so just made some coffee & laced it with extra thick double cream...sat down for a break watching a re-run of Friends.

Litter can behave a lot like the sand at the beach ... unfortunately it doesn't come with all the positive aspects of the seaside. ...
t57105.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats good but please dont feel any pressure from us to keep painting every day. If you spread them out they will still be very much appreciated. Please take care.

It was my challenge to myself @PenguinMum and I intend to keep to it.
A medical friend advised today that I eat more fish and/or take Omega-3, but just to take Omega-3 and not the combined 3/6/9 Omega supplements. Apparently it has to be just Omega-3 and she said it will help, and help the arthritis and pain, and help my hands.
So I will be doing that.
I will soon find out how good that advice is.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist I love your seascapes, especially the crashing waves ones.
@SaskiaKC I still wear green wellies! In fact I wear them most times I go out, I have 2 pairs. They have lasted a lot longer than previous ‘smart fashion’ wellies which have pretty pictures of bees or polka dots on.

:) I saw some yellow ones with bees on just the other day!

t12819.gif
(scraping the muck off)

I continued looking for just plain green ones.
Back in the '60s some people at the barn where I rode wore really cool canvas-and-rubber "Newmarket" boots for barn work and wet-weather riding.
I just want a pair of plain green wellies. :)

original.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I give up yet again with this BG lark, I will never, never understand it. Low carb days and 12 hour fasts, readings in the 6's then today, a 1/4 of a large Chick Pea Flan baked by Mrs MC for dinner with salad and all the shortcrust pastry, then at band rehearsal I could not resist the galette one of the band members had cooked, complete with hidden king, I didn't get the king, and how could I resist the wonderful homemade cake with cinnamon. I arrived home 2 hours later expecting through the roof readings and starting to feel trepidation, but what does Dracula deliver? A 5.5, flabbergasted!

Mrs MC says my Insulin must be working again, I think it's just my body out to get me or some deity in charge of such things having a laugh. :banghead:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) I saw some yellow ones with bees on just the other day!

t12819.gif
(scraping the muck off)

I continued looking for just plain green ones.
Back in the '60s some people at the barn where I rode wore really cool canvas-and-rubber "Newmarket" boots for barn work and wet-weather riding.
I just want a pair of plain green wellies. :)

original.jpg
Mrs MC only ever buys Le Chameau Neoprene Lined Wellington Boots with a walking sole. Bearing in mind she wears them every day to muck out her horse and walk him to and from the field which can also be very muddy and wet. Also on holiday when by the sea and camping and winter days they last ages, the last pair lasted 12 years before starting to let in water. I have a pair which are now 15 years old the only problem was I spiked them with a fork in the garden, a repair with the material they sent sorted that and they remain waterproof. They are also extremely comfortable. A little expensive but still cheaper than replacing poor quality boots every year or so IMO. Worth a look especially if you can get some in a sale.

IMG_2477.JPG