Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski Pizza comes to mind for me too for a very high carb meal. Although since mine is vegan there isn't quite the fat (30 grams) content involved. Mine is 120 carbs and I prebolus a quarter of the dose, another quarter when I eat, a quarter a half hour later and another quarter an hour after and it has worked out pretty well.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry! I've been MIA due to a combination of every area of my working life wanting sudden, apparently, urgent stuff done all at once, along with an unexpectedly full weekend putting paid to my usual solitary Saturday (which also tends to put paid to reasonable mental energy levels the following week), Think I've finally beaten it all into submission and emerged from my pit of angst.

Amazingly, apart from a 3.2 as a result of stomping home uphill yesterday in a fit of temper, it's all been quiet and amazingly level on the diabetes front. I won't count my one ketones number test yesterday as I was coaxing Young Vampire to sit still to get a 3.6 up, and I needed a distraction tactic for the sitting still time. My numbers are of great interest to Young Vampire and there was an evil cackle as the 14.1 appeared on the screen along with a yell of "Ketones! Yes!" Sufficient revenge for all the ketone testing I've insisted on all week, methinks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So tonight I will mostly be "test driving" the Xdrip app.

I normally use Glimp to scan but recently got my mitts on a MM MK2

Now I like the mechanics of the Xdrip. It even puts the BG on the lock screen of my phone.Basically a one touch reading by hitting the home button on the Samsung.. Handy me thinks with the phone in the car cradle..

I fired up a new Libre last night & tethered the MM. But I'm still getting some wild swings then back to the respectable range on the XD that I was getting on the Glimp for the last 18 hours? Using the MM?

I haven't got the heart using the sticky pads that came with the MM just yet. I don't fancy killing a new sensor too, if this don't work out though to be fair I can't feel either.
So I'm just using the armband holster thing that came on the kit & sort of sport the device "Freddie Mercury" style.

I'm starting to work out that the slight movement of the MM on the armband without the sticky pad for anchorage may be causing the wild swings as it interprets the Libre readings?

I may have to use the double sided pads & "tie this mother down.."

image.jpeg
I

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Karen sorry Omnipod didn’t work for you. Too many messages to scroll through but what was the problem with it?

I am on day 10 and have had been much higher than I would like for the last few days!

I am still not comfortable making changes to my basal or the temp basal and not been able to get hold of my nurse to guide me through it. I am pretty certain once I have got the basal rate right I will enjoy it! x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning..

Alarms going off on this Xdrip all night. The lower levels were set (by default.) too high.. Sitting nicely at 5.3. & found a feature to set alarms in certain time frame Windows.. Like when I'm pre ocupied at work. I already know when low whilst asleep. :banghead:

Reactions: porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Karen sorry Omnipod didn’t work for you. Too many messages to scroll through but what was the problem with it?

I am on day 10 and have had been much higher than I would like for the last few days!

I am still not comfortable making changes to my basal or the temp basal and not been able to get hold of my nurse to guide me through it. I am pretty certain once I have got the basal rate right I will enjoy it! x
I was having reactions to the cannulas cranberryice as well as sky high bgs despite upping insulin it just never worked for me ,i think its disgusting not being able to get in touch with nurse this happened to me ,i really hope it works well for you let me know how you get on x as for me im happy enough to be back on mdi x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any football fans here.

I'm feeling awesome. In football terms I've just got my first hatrick. 3 lots of 6.3s blood readings. :)

6.3 breakfast
6.3 lunch
6.3 bed.

I was 5.9 dinner.

It's results like that that make you think your meter is on the blink! Well done!

A good steady night for me, been in range since 5pm yesterday, which I take quite readily considering the mountain ranges I created in the previous 48hrs and on top of having pizza last night (win win).

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
@MeiChanski good luck with your pump clinic today. Will they start you using NovoSluggish when they have asked you to get Fiasp??
@chris85 type 1 did you eat anything before bed? Is this a regular occurrence? What are your BGs like thru the day?

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Screenshot_20200117-094821_SmartLog.jpg
I have been type 1 for 16 years and never really took it seriously i have not been checking my sugars until about a week ago after DKA my BG was at 42mmol with the flu and pneumonia kind of a wake up call at last

Last edited:

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm checking now a bit too much 10/11 times a day i want my new nurse to get a full profile lol i should get a phone call today

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, lady at the diabetes centre looked rather confused when I said “I’m here to pick up my organ” I might be able to get a Fiasp prescription from the hospital pharmacy. Diabetes sitting at 6.7 atm, not too shabby.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @chris85 type 1 That’s wonderful that you have started to keep a thorough BG log. It will be really useful to help decide what doses you need and when. You might also start keeping a log of the carbs you are eating too. It will also help with deciding your doses.
Welcome and good luck!

Reactions: chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @chris85 type 1 That’s wonderful that you have started to keep a thorough BG log. It will be really useful to help decide what doses you need and when. You might also start keeping a log of the carbs you are eating too. It will also help with deciding your doses.
Welcome and good luck!
need to properly learn to carb count i know i eat to many at dinner i just hate keeping an dairy its not my thing. But needs must i suppose

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@chris85 type 1 ask your DSN to get you on the DAFNE course and have a look at bertie online
Too many carbs(?) at lunchtime, hmmmm as long as you are taking the correct insulin for those carbs then there shouldn't be any worries.....during the week I average 150g of carbs for lunch and get pretty straight lines according to my libre graph

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@chris85 type 1 ask your DSN to get you on the DAFNE course and have a look at bertie online
Too many carbs(?) at lunchtime, hmmmm as long as you are taking the correct insulin for those carbs then there shouldn't be any worries.....during the week I average 150g of carbs for lunch and get pretty straight lines according to my libre graph
I do want to do a DAFNE course just right now after being in hospital i cant walk any further than 100 meters without being out of breath im really weak at the moment its ridiculous just before christmas i used to walk a couple of miles nearly everyday

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to ask buy how are you finding the libre i have been told a may be able to get one ?