What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) I saw some yellow ones with bees on just the other day!

t12819.gif
(scraping the muck off)

I continued looking for just plain green ones.
Back in the '60s some people at the barn where I rode wore really cool canvas-and-rubber "Newmarket" boots for barn work and wet-weather riding.
I just want a pair of plain green wellies. :)

original.jpg

Mine are Dunlop wellies, the cheapest but most durable I’ve found. I get them from a nearby farm supplies shop. Good luck with the search.
I used to have some with bees on and I loved them but they sprung a leak after a couple of months.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9 at 4am.....

Painting for my daily challenge to myself...
View attachment 37873
Acrylics. A4 sized.
This was meant to be just the 3 trees. But stupidly I started them too high on the page. Oops. So then I got the fan brush (it had just been the flat brush to put a thin coat of white initially on the page and then the two men's shaving brushes for painting the background and blending and the leaves on the trees, and the rigger brush for the tree trunks and branches - it was meant to be a quicker painting today, half hour up to this point) and tried to do some greenery (ferns???) at the front. Those blinking ferns took another half hour to paint!!!!!!

Thank you for the hugs for my hand. I have been doing some exercises my friend told me to do, and I found my small metal Chinese exercise balls which are suitable for hand exercises. Years ago I could manipulate 3 of those small balls in my hand, now I am having difficulty to get two of them to move round the palm of my hand....

There are so many things I am meant to do on a daily basis that I could spend all day doing these exercises etc, and I meditate daily too (and this is important to set my mind for the day and I might meditate up to a couple of hours and it's not timed, I just do it until I am ready to come out of it, it's just the way I do that)...what about life and living and doing my own stuff or even shopping for food? So, quite a bit falls by the wayside. I am sure it could be the same for the rest of you?

Got some messages and important official stuff to deal with today. So got to get psyched up for that!

Take care and hugs and have fun.
Making another coffee now and reading back on your posts, then I will vanish....
Please forgive me for this link but your post , epic battles and the mysteries of BG control for myself and so many members do remind me of this song. @DJC3, surely it is faaaarm shop? (Please fix it drectly)

Sorry guys

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great fbg. Maybe a little virtual swapsie needed - you can have some of my ketones if you can fix my broken gate that won't open.:angelic:

I have been there and can only sympathise, have you considered a liquid enema?

I'm no bible scholar but didn't Balaam have problems with his ass not moving (Numbers 22-24), I believe he gave it a spanking ;)

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Readings look very good and weight loss is great. Have you looked into finding your daily protein limit for ketosis? Just a thought: https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-much-protein-can-you-eat-in-ketosis

I will look into it, I backed off on protein and this week I have only had 8oz steaks (literally, that's it). I did introduce extra thick cream into my coffee on Wednesday. I think if I eat any less I will actually starve. Very sad state of affairs for someone that loved their food ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 so coming down verrrry slowly.
@johnpol will be thinking of you today and hoping all goes well.
@gennepher thanks for the trees and the heavenly light. I love your attitude to life. @trick60 enjoy Friday tomorrow. @HarryBeau good luck on your return to work and hope the furries greet your return with slippers and a gin. ;)All this talk about wellies, I have never found them comfortable, I think my big ankles rub and getting them on and off always an issue. Noted @ianpspurs re Joules. I have always resorted to “old” fur lined ankleboots for muddy walks. I am a big fan of the Ugg (yes I know very last decade) and have three pairs of different ages and condition. I am not really a shoe girl its furlined boots in winter until sandal season and backless loafers. One pair of comfy high heels which I only kept for the boys weddings.
Have the best Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good luck on your return to work and hope the furries greet your return with slippers and a gin.
Thanks PM...I'd be happy with slippers & a gin but I would settle for my iPhone charging lead they've catnapped!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 so coming down verrrry slowly.
@johnpol will be thinking of you today and hoping all goes well.
@gennepher thanks for the trees and the heavenly light. I love your attitude to life. @trick60 enjoy Friday tomorrow. @HarryBeau good luck on your return to work and hope the furries greet your return with slippers and a gin. ;)All this talk about wellies, I have never found them comfortable, I think my big ankles rub and getting them on and off always an issue. Noted @ianpspurs re Joules. I have always resorted to “old” fur lined ankleboots for muddy walks. I am a big fan of the Ugg (yes I know very last decade) and have three pairs of different ages and condition. I am not really a shoe girl its furlined boots in winter until sandal season and backless loafers. One pair of comfy high heels which I only kept for the boys weddings.
Have the best Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Wellies. Julie got these https://www.joules.com/Women/Wellies/Black-Daisy/Wellibob/Short-Height-Wellies?id=206806|BLACKDAISY and I got these https://www.joules.com/Men/Wellies/Black/Rainwell/Short-Chelsea-Boot-Wellies?id=201235|BLACK. May or may not help ya. We do have waterproof over trousers and gaiters.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been there and can only sympathise, have you considered a liquid enema?

I'm no bible scholar but didn't Balaam have problems with his ass not moving (Numbers 22-24), I believe he gave it a spanking ;)
Liquid enema seems a tad drastic:bigtears: Fixed (for the moment) with a salad topping of chia seeds, flaxseeds and 40 mins (sub optimal) exercise bike. With all due respect to Zoe Harcombe I can find a reason to include fibre. Type 4 :angelic:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian. I love the Black Daisy ones but they seem to be sold out already. Will keep an eye out for hopefully new stock. Yours look very dapper too. Such a great idea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian. I love the Black Daisy ones but they seem to be sold out already. Will keep an eye out for hopefully new stock. Yours look very dapper too. Such a great idea.
Mine have red soles so even more spiffing. Dapper had/has? an interesting other meaning. A colleague of mine was given the nickname dapper/dappa by some pupils and he was chuffed. We, who knew, hadn't the heart to point out what it really meant - rhymes with slick (small):)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine have red soles so even more spiffing. Dapper had/has? an interesting other meaning. A colleague of mine was given the nickname dapper/dappa by some pupils and he was chuffed. We, who knew, hadn't the heart to point out what it really meant - rhymes with slick (small):)
Ohhhh ok. Well your new wellies are very stylish!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breaking (possibly fake) news. Ben Stokes doesn't eat lamb. A guy who works down the chip shop, who swears he's Elvis, told me. He was all shook up at the time.:angelic:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today

Just waiting in for sons new mobile phone. Ordered after 6pm last night. Being delivered between 11am and 12noon today. Now that's what you call service. Latest iPhone 11. £44 a month. £20 up front. 64GB phone and lots of data. He is very excited. Has old phone fir nearly 4 years and working with a cracked screen is frustrating.

We are taking FIL, BIL, daughter and new grandson out for Christmas dinner! It's been a busy few weeks so first opportunity. Eric is on day 10 if keto to bring BP down to avoid 2nd med. ITS WORKING! morning readings always the worst. Between 130 and 140 over 85 to 95. BP reading for last few days showing as normal. Eg today is 119/74. He has lost 5lbs in 10 days (his weight has plateaued). So happy days.

Happy Friday to all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher winner for yet another good painting, know how long those pesky ferns can take. Hugs for so much going on, winner for your great attitude, don't vanish for long.

My quick effort sums up the feel of the heathland on Cannock Chase today, watercolour sketch, granddaughter watched with helpful comments like it needs more red :joyful:, I resisted.

IMG_2479.JPG

Reactions: HarryBeau

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A 6.7 greeted me before the expedition to the hospital, currently sat stewing before I go to theatre at 1.30pm. Nerves? What are those! I'm still hoping for a cancellation so I can go home!! Thank you for the well wishes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 6.7 greeted me before the expedition to the hospital, currently sat stewing before I go to theatre at 1.30pm. Nerves? What are those! I'm still hoping for a cancellation so I can go home!! Thank you for the well wishes.
Hopes and prayers for you big man. 6.7 seems amazing in the circs.

Reactions: johnpol

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher winner for yet another good painting, know how long those pesky ferns can take. Hugs for so much going on, winner for your great attitude, don't vanish for long.

My quick effort sums up the feel of the heathland on Cannock Chase today, watercolour sketch, granddaughter watched with helpful comments like it needs more red :joyful:, I resisted.

View attachment 37876

I have returned!!!
I had to go and do my house insurance at the insurance brokers. They search the best deal each year for me, but as I cannot hear them at the speed they have to talk to get through everything in the shortest time possible, I have to ask them to go through slowly so I hear/lipread and understand it all. This means I am in there 3 or 4 times longer than a hearing customer! So I am exhausted when I get back home...

It didn’t help me as a lipreader that the insurance lady had more tattoos than the illustrated man...her legs, her hands and right up her arms to her shoulders, then the tattoos crept out of the neck of her skimpy black t-shirt up her neck and into her face (she was a generously endowed lady so the colourful entwined tattoos were endless)...if she had sat there naked then I wouldn’t have known.

So scary...but she was very kind and lovely...
The brokers have changed their system and she will be my dedicated handler for claims and my other stuff with them...

I just fell asleep when I got in, it tired me out watching her writhing arms and creatures creeping up her neck into her face...I have just had a nightmare....

Thank you :)

I love your watercolour sketch of Cannock Chase. I can remember enough of the scenery @Muddy Cyclist to understand why your granddaughter was egging you on for more red ...

Most photos I took of Cannock Chase as a child and teenager were all black&white!

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. "Hamburger" post incoming. Fbg 4.9, The Fungster's eating pattern makes some sense, new socks, cricket to watch soon, lovely dog picture and 2 psalms to explore @SaskiaKC.
Dog looks just like our Duke who had to be euthanized last year and, as Carly Simon said, I miss him more than I ever knew. Looking beyond top line number, resting pulse up above 60 this week :bigtears: and no poor functionality - blaming keto flu but could be a virus. @Krystyna23040 hug for higher - reason unknown - reading. After exhaustive searches I have found wellie boots (Joules) I can walk in and get off on my own (also half price). Staying in their box until relocated to Suffolk and new dogs.
@Muddy Cyclist food all sounds just what you needed and all that cycling, music making and art work probably doing its bit to balance you perfectly well. @trick60 I assume (never met you but posts give a good clue) not the lure of filthy lucre but love of family and using your God given talent drives you most. So Antony of Egypt and Charles Gore to remember today. Psalm 67 v 1 seems like a good enough wish for y'all today. Toodle Pip.

I am sorry about Duke.Was it the yellow Lab pic? That dog reminded me of my dear nephdog Sandy of nearly 40 years ago. Not many nights ago I dreamed I was riding a horse I knew even longer ago, named Duke. Hmm ...

I have seen Joules wellies online. Very nice looking.
Do you have a boot jack?

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs